The School of Business seeks a conscientious, reliable student with a professional demeanor to work as a general administrative assistant. Duties include, but are not limited to, assisting the Dean’s office with a variety of projects, assist faculty and staff as required. The student will be expected to perform a wide range of administrative tasks and support of the educational mission of the School of Business.
- Administrative and operational support for professors, staff and visitors.
- Maintain all equipment in operational condition.
- Keep log book for all equipment, cables, etc., with dated sign out and return sheet.
- Oversee copy machines (add paper; clear paper jams; change cartridges; contact vendor for service).
- Oversee mailroom, kitchen and lounge area; keep neat and clean.
- Special projects (mailings, printing and binding) required.
- Sort and distribute mail, packages and faxes.
- Preparation of conference rooms; assistance with A/V setup.
- Courier to Howe Center and around campus as needed.
- Maintain water coolers and office equipment on the 4th and 6th floors, Babbio Center.
- Keep bulletin boards updated.
- Maintain inventory for office supplies.
- Ability to communicate and follow instructions
- Ability to self-organize and solve problems
- Strong Mac OS X skills
- Strong Microsoft office skills
Interested applicants for this position should submit a cover letter and resume.
School of Business- Administration
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact Jobs@Stevens.edu
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff and student body and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as other federal statutes.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure:
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), the Department of Public Safety is required to publish an annual security report which includes statistics mandated by the Clery Act. You can obtain a copy of this report by accessing the following web site: http://www.stevens.edu/sit/police