Visiting Assistant Professor of Economics
Visiting Assistant Professor of Economics
The Bill Munday School of Business
St. Edward's University
The Bill Munday School of Business at St. Edward's University invites applications for a full-time, nine-month, visiting assistant professor position in Economics to begin in Fall 2020. The successful candidate will be teaching a variety of courses including core economics courses, macroeconomic theory, money and banking, quantitative methods and trade at the undergraduate level and contribute to the scholarly activities at St. Edward's through research and community engagement.The successful candidate will need to hold qualified faculty status for AACSB - Scholarly Academic, Practice Academic, Scholarly Practitioner or Instructional Practitioner. St. Edward's embraces excellence through diversity and encourages applications from members of underrepresented groups.
- St.Edward's University is a teaching institution and regards teaching as central to the mission. The teaching load is a 4-4 (total of 8 courses per academic year). Courses are delivered face-to-face or in hybrid format.
- Advise undergraduate students.
- Interact with local, regional, national, and international business, nonprofit, government, and community representatives to develop applied service learning projects and study opportunities for students.
- Participate in assessment of student performance in the discipline.
- Maintain commitment to social responsibility in the classroom setting in line with the University's mission.
- Meet School and University service requirements through participation on committees.
- Fulfill other required faculty responsibilities as outlined in the St. Edward's University Faculty Manual.
As the school pursues AACSB accreditation, applicants must have the following credentials:
- Ph.D. in Economics from an internationally recognized university with an emphasis on macroeconomics, quantitative methods, or trade and development.
- A demonstrated record or strong potential for scholarship in peer reviewed publications.
- Evidence of excellent teaching potential is required.
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience with and commitment to working with a diverse population.
- Prior teaching experience and business industry experience preferred.
- Interest in our university's global initiatives preferred.
- Qualified faculty status (Scholarly Academic, Practice Academic, Scholarly Practitioner, or Instructional Practitioner) for AACSB accreditation.
- Successful completion of a criminal and/or employment background check required.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should submit an online application at: https://stedwards.applicantpro.com
A brief summary of Faculty Benefits can be found Here
Please attach a resume and cover letter to the application. In your cover letter, please discuss how your record of teaching, service and research demonstrates your commitment to diversity and inclusion as emphasized in the mission of St. Edward's University. The cover letter should also address your experiences or interest in global initiatives. Applicants who have not yet had the opportunity for such experience should note how their work will further the mission of St. Edward's University and our commitment to diversity and global initiatives.
The review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
St. Edward's University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
ABOUT ST. EDWARD'S UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,600 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at; https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary
OTHER ITEMS TO KNOW
We are not offering sponsorship at this time.
A criminal history background check is required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
Reference #: J20208
About St. Edward's University
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,600 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary
About Austin, Texas
Consistently ranked as one of the "top metropolitan areas to live in," by numerous independent media outlets, Austin attracts approximately 50 new residents a day and has been one of the nation's fasting growing cities. St. Edward's is in the heart of this thriving, entrepreneurial and cosmopolitan city, providing students, faculty and staff with opportunities to live, learn and grow in an environment that offers a wealth of resources and opportunities. In fact, Austin is home to 17 companies on the Inc. 5000 list and boasts 1.7 times the national average of startups. Additionally, as one of the world's great technology centers, Austin, sometimes referred to as "Silicon Hills," is home to technology heavyweights like Dell, National Instruments and Silicon Labs.
For more on the City of Austin's offerings, visit The Austin Convention & Visitors Bureau
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit an online application at https://stedwards.applicantpro.com
Please include resume, cover letter, and three employment references. No Calls Please.
St. Edward's University is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage women and minorities to apply to our vacancies and hire only U.S. Citizens and documented workers. We do not offer sponsorship at this time.