Senior Lecturer / Associate Professor in Marketing
Discipline of Marketing
University of Sydney Business School
Reference No. 1578/0818C
• Join an organisation that encourages progressive thinking
• The opportunity to contribute to marketing education and research and to work in a collaborative and supportive environment
• Full-time, continuing appointment at Level C/D, remuneration package: $150K-199K (which includes salary, leave loading and up to 17% super). A salary supplement may be negotiated with the successful applicant.
About the opportunity
The University of Sydney is Australia's first university and has an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. We employ over 7600 permanent staff, supporting over 60,000 students. The University of Sydney Business School
is regarded as a leader in the region, and is one of the very few Australian schools to hold business and accounting accreditation from AACSB
International and EQUIS
accreditation from the European Foundation for Management Development. It is also the only Australian member school of CEMS
, the Community of European Management Schools & International Companies.
The Business School has an outstanding international reputation in management research, learning, development of resources, and journal publishing and works in close cooperation with industry, government and the not-for-profit sectors. It is situated in a new $180m state-of-the-art learning environment which, in the highly competitive global market for business education, will further enhance its ability to attract the best and brightest students, staff and researchers from around the world.
Our Discipline of Marketing invites applicants for the position of Senior Lecturer / Associate Professor in Marketing (Level C or D). Our discipline is highly regarded and collegial. As the successful applicant you will join a dynamic group teaching in a large course work program for both undergraduates and postgraduates. Current research and teaching covers; consumer behaviour, market research, marketing strategy, services marketing, marketing communications, brand management, digital marketing and CRM. There is also a healthy and productive honours and PhD program and a very active and well supported research program.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance in recruiting talent aligned to these values in the pursuit of research excellence. We are looking for a Senior Lecturer/ Associate Professor in Marketing
(Level C or D) who will:
• teach marketing units at undergraduate and postgraduate levels to culturally diverse student cohorts, and provide curriculum development in marketing
• make a contribution to the research strengths of the discipline, including the pursuit of research grants and regular publication in journals of high standing
• supervise research higher degree students
• be involved in interdisciplinary collaborations within the University and with external stakeholders
• contribute to academic administration
• support the adoption of innovative content design and delivery practices and authentic assessment in assigned units in line with School and University requirements
• support the incorporation of work integrated learning (WIL) opportunities within the curriculum and, where appropriate, contribute to the development and delivery of WIL content
To be a successful candidate you will possess:
• a PhD in Marketing or a related field,
• teaching and research expertise in any two of the following areas; marketing communications, branding and digital marketing or marketing analytics, big data and consumer modelling.
• significant experience providing high-quality undergraduate and postgraduate teaching in marketing including high level contributions to course administration
• experience teaching in high quality Masters and MBA programs
• proven record of innovative curriculum development in marketing
• established record of research supervision of marketing students at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels
• evidence of a well-established, productive and high-quality research program with international peer-reviewed publications
• high level team work and interpersonal skills and a desire to contribute to the collegial life of the marketing discipline
• strong connections to the business community
• experience successful applying for externally funded grants
• the willingness to contribute to the Business School’s service and promotional activities, e.g., student information days
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 6000 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment
and search by the reference number 1578/0818C
Closing date: 11.30pm, 25 September 2018 (Sydney time)