As part of the college’s leadership team, the associate dean oversees academic program development, review, and improvement. The associate dean coordinates and manages accreditation and assessment processes to ensure ongoing AACSB and SACSCOC accreditation status; provides leadership in the development of programs and initiatives with other university entities and external partners; coordinates executive committee meetings, faculty development programs, and committee assignments; and working with the dean, assures the development and implementation of the college’s strategic plan.
The associate dean of the College of Business (CoB) will work collaboratively with the dean, assistant dean, department chairs, directors, managers, faculty, and staff and provide leadership and direction across the CoB to: implement and prioritize initiatives in alignment with the Tennessee Tech and CoB missions and strategic plans. The associate dean will manage specific accreditation and assessment processes to assure ongoing AACSB and SACSCOC accreditation status and continual improvement processes; ensure the implementation, assessment, and improvement of academic programs; develop and implement operational improvements; and work with the dean, members of the CoB Executive Committee, CoB Chairs of Excellence, academic and nonacademic campus units (e.g., University Advancement, Research and Economic Development, and Communications and Marketing), and external constituents and their organizations to advance the mission of the CoB. The associate dean is expected to remain current in their academic area of expertise, actively maintaining AACSB qualification status, and teach one (graduate or undergraduate) course annually.
- Terminal degree from an AACSB-accredited institution in a business or closely aligned discipline with academic credentials sufficient to be tenured at the level of associate or full professor in a department within the College of Business.
- Record of scholarship, effective teaching, and collaborative university, professional, and community service.
- Demonstrated effective communication
- Experience in an academic or professional management role(s).
- Experience in accreditation processes, with a particular focus on AACSB
- Demonstrated leadership and problem-solving
- Experience developing and sustaining partnerships with internal and external