Bocconi University invites applications for the "Policies for Smart Specialisation" (POLISS) program, funded as part of the Marie Curie European Training Networks, under the European Commission’s H2020 Framework Programme.
As the POLISS program is not a self-standing PhD program, it is embedded within the Bocconi 4-year PhD program in Business Administration and Management (BAM) – Curriculum Management.
Students are required to fulfil the requirements of both programs.
Just one PhD degree is conferred.
Smart Specialization is a recent innovation policy concept (developed by the "Knowledge for Growth" Experts Group) at the core of the European 2020 agenda to develop a sustainable, smart and inclusive growth.
The POLISS program is offered by a network of partner universities/institutions that select 14 Early Stage Researchers (ESR) overall. Two (2) ESRs will be recruited by Bocconi. They will focus on entrepreneurship and innovation policies for regional development.
Throughout the program, ESRs will be expected to attend a number of multidisciplinary research-related scientific courses as well as courses for transferable competences and employability skills, organised by the project partners. Researchers are required to undertake trans-national mobility (i.e. move from one country to another).
At Bocconi, in the first two years of the program, ESRs will acquire theoretical and methodological skills relevant to various fields in management studies through a series of common compulsory courses. The last years of the program are entirely dedicated to research and dissertation development.
Information on the "Policies for smart specialization" H2020- MSCA-ITN_2019 Project ("Marie Sklodowska-Curie"), is published on the Euraxess site:
Applications can be submitted by candidates of any citizenship who:
- have completed or are completing their graduate studies
- have at least a "proven" B2 (CEFR) level of competence in English
- must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Italy for more than 12 months in the last 3 years
- must have a maximum of 4-year (full time equivalent) "post lauream" research experience
- must not have already been awarded a PhD
The two (2) ESRs, admitted to the POLISS Program and BAM-curriculum Management, will benefit from tuition waiver for the duration of the PhD program (4 years) and will be awarded a three-year fellowship for their participation in the POLISS Program (amount of fellowship: see Art 11 of the BAM official call published on www.unibocconi.eu/admissionphd).
For more detailed information please see the full official call published on the website www.unibocconi.eu/admissionphd
To apply for the program, only our online application procedure may be used.
Candidates must apply to the option "Business Administration and Management / curriculum Management + Policies for Smart Specialization (POLISS) Program".
Applications are due by 15 January 2020.
The assessment of the applicant is based on:
1. Personal curriculum: full CV
2. Academic records: transcript of exams and certification of undergraduate and graduate degrees awarded and final grade (if any); if the graduate program has not been completed, an enrollment document with the full study plan, the exams taken and the grades achieved
3. International Graduate Admission Tests scores: the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)
4. Statement of purpose: short description (max 1200 words) of your motivation for enrollment in a Bocconi PhD program, your research interests and professional goals
5. Reference letters: up to two reference letters uploaded by referees appointed in the online application procedure
6. Other relevant documents (maximum five): e.g. publications, other programs attended, etc.
A minimum of 60 total points out of 100 is required to be eligible for admission to the program.
Please consult our website for complete details of our application procedure
For more information about the program please visit the website:
Please feel free to contact our Program Assistant at email@example.com