Professor and Head Of School in Land Management and Development (Re-Advertisement)
FACULTY OF BUSINESS AND ECONOMICS
School of Land Management and Development – LBM004
Recruiting for Excellence
The University of the South Pacific is one of only two regional universities in the world. We are the leading tertiary education provider and research facility in the South Pacific. The USP recognises the importance of research activity to our academic staff and therefore provides incentives to encourage high-impact research and publications.
The USP is seeking and outstanding scholar with strong industry connections and regional experience who will strive to make a significant contribution to the strategic domain of the South Pacific land and property management & development.
The appointee will assume the responsibilities of Head of School of Land Management and Development. As a senior member of staff, the appointee will have the opportunity to travel to USP member countries in the Region and act in consultancy and advisory roles to various Pacific Island governments as well as non-governmental and private organisations. She/he will also ensure that the School and University mission statement, strategic plan and policies are implemented.
The Person We Seek
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
- A PhD in property resource related discipline: valuation, planning or land surveying with extensive experience in research, publications and consultancy in Commonwealth Countries;
- Commensurate with the rank of Professor;
- Extensive teaching experience at tertiary level;
- A distinguished record of research and publication in relevant fields;
- Administrative and research experience;
- A proven record of supervision of research students and academic leadership;
- The ability to be entrepreneurial in attracting external grants;
- Excellent English – written and oral communication skills;
- Experience in professional accreditation;
- Experience in curriculum development;
- Excellent people skills and strong ability to develop and lead the School.
Preference will be given to applicants with: experience in distance and flexible education and a track record in obtaining accreditation.
The position is available for a term of 5 years and may be renewed by mutual agreement.
Salary Range: Professor FJ $129, 078 to FJ $139, 543 per annum
The University may pay an inducement allowance to secure the services of an exceptionally well qualified candidate.
In addition, the University contributes 10% of basic salary to an approved superannuation scheme, provides airfare and relocation costs where appropriate.
Enquiries: Gloria Yam, tel.: (679) 32 32517; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 22 July 2018
How to Apply
Candidates may use the University’s online E-Recruitment system to view full details and apply for this position at https://www.usprecruits.usp.ac.fj Manual and emailed applications are no longer accepted. Candidates may request further information from the Human Resources Office; tel.: (679) 32 32072; email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also include the following documents in your application: Cover letter and Resume clearly addressing key Selection Criteria, academic transcript and names of three referees, one of which must be your current or most recent direct work supervisor.