Professor & Head of Department, Finance
- Enjoy the freedom to discover something new
- Be surrounded by extraordinary ideas – and the people who discover them
- Take your research further with state-of-the-art infrastructure
Monash is full of thinkers and doers who are looking for their next challenge. So if you’ve forged a rewarding career so far, this role provides the perfect platform to join us. You’ll have access to quality research facilities, infrastructure, and teaching spaces to do exciting work, along with opportunities to collaborate internationally. You’ll be part of a university that’s made up of inspirational, challenging thinkers and doers – and continue doing work that makes a lasting impact. Learn more about working with Monash and what is Ancora Imparo.
A Level E academic is expected to exercise a special responsibility in providing leadership and in fostering excellence in research, teaching, professional activities and policy development in the academic discipline within the school or other comparable organisational unit, within the university and within the community, both scholarly and general.
The appointed academic will be responsible for developing, and executing, strategic plans and directions in the development, teaching and administration of undergraduate, postgraduate and executive education programs in the area of Finance and Fintech within the School. The candidate is expected to have excellent teaching evaluations and a track record of new unit development and/or teaching innovations. The candidate ideally would have a strong track record in academic publication and engagement with the industry and regulators. A candidate having a research agenda within the area of financial technology will be preferred.
Reporting Line: The position reports to the Head, School of Business
- Lead the department as the Head of the Department of Finance.
- Lead curriculum development, innovation, enhancement and quality assurance in the undergraduate and
- Lead the development and delivery of innovative and excellent teaching, learning and assessment experiences for undergraduate and postgraduate students
- Conduct world class research, maintaining an active record of high quality publication, grants, and PhD student supervision.
- Lead the development and implementation of a research strategy for the Department of Finance consistent with the research priorities of Monash University Malaysia and Monash University.
- Lead the development of strong collaborations with other universities and with government, industry and/or civil society to drive research impact and educational excellence.
- Play an active leadership role in the management of education, research and/or administration in the School, including coaching, mentorship, leadership and effective performance management.
- Design and deliver Finance and/or Financial Technology using contemporary pedagogies that range from fully face-to-face, flipped or blended learning, to fully online.
Key Selection Criteria
- A doctoral qualification (PhD) or equivalent qualification
- A strong record of successful and innovative curriculum development
- An outstanding record of teaching which demonstrates a commitment to educational innovation.
- An excellent research record, demonstrated by world class publications, grants and PhD supervision
- A strong record in research leadership including generating research income, leading major research
projects and, where relevant, building research teams
- Ability to promote the discipline internally within the university as well as externally, both nationally and
- Demonstrated skills and experience in collaboration and leadership
Your application must address the selection criteria. For instructions on how to apply, please refer to “How to apply for Monash Jobs”.
For further enquiries please email us at Buvaana.Sugumaran@monash.edu
Professor & Head of Department, Finance
*For LinkedIn Users, please click apply to view the position description at our career site
Job No.: 492746
School: School of Business
Location: Main Campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Classification: Level E
Monash University Malaysia reserves the right to delay or not to proceed with an appointment for the above-mentioned position.
11 November 1:55 pm MYT