The University of Pikeville (UPIKE), the Leading University in Central Appalachia, is seeking applicants for a full-time, nine-month regular faculty appointment in the field of Business Administration starting August 2021. Rank and salary will be based on qualifications. Applicants must have a strong commitment to teaching in a small university setting and the ability to work effectively with others in a collegial environment dedicated to student learning. The position also requires advising undergraduate students, providing service to the college and community, assisting with program activities, and continuing professional growth and development. A doctorate in business or related field from a regionally accredited institution is required and teaching experience is desired.
Current Program Need:
Faculty to teach undergraduate and graduate level courses in Accounting and Finance:
Candidates with eighteen graduate hours in the discipline are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Coleman College of Business (CCOB) awards associate, baccalaureate, and master’s degrees in business administration. The baccalaureate degree offers accounting, management, healthcare management and sport management as the areas of emphasis. Additionally, a minor in entrepreneurship is offered.
The Master of Business Administration has three specializations: professional, healthcare, and entrepreneurship.
The University of Pikeville offers a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. UPIKE offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, telemedicine, long term disability, tuition waivers, a 403(b) retirement plan, and HSA, FSA, & dependent care accounts.
1. Teaching the assigned business course, this includes lecture notes, presentation prep, exam questions prep, and syllabus prep.
2. Create and maintain an environment that is conducive to innovative teaching and active learning.
3. Emphasize broadly trained skills and a strong passion for excellence in teaching, service, and scholarship.
4. Develop, communicate, and fulfill effective course learning outcomes.
5. Teach courses utilizing no-cost course materials and Open Educational Resources (OERs).
6. Participating in and recommending curriculum development and evaluation.
7. Providing tutoring for students on an as-need basis.
8. Responsibilities for all other duties as assigned by the Dean.
- Must have a Doctorate degree.
- Must have a minimum of 18 graduate hours in the academic discipline to which you are applying.
- Must have excellent organizational, communication, teaching and decision-making skills.
- Prior college teaching experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience using CANVAS and/or other web-based learning platform preferred.
- Experience with Open Educational Resources (OERs).
Important Notes: Resume and other application materials will be reviewed to determine if you meet the required qualifications for the position. If it is determined that you meet the required qualifications, your application materials will be used to identify a top group of the most highly qualified candidates. The applicant should specifically address their qualifications and competencies in the resume and application materials. Please submit unofficial transcripts with application.
The University of Pikeville is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To achieve this goal, background investigations will be conducted for all finalists being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history.
The University of Pikeville is an equal opportunity employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. The University of Pikeville does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age or disabilities in its programs, activities, hiring, or the admission of students.
For more information about the University of Pikeville, please visit http://www.upike.edu. Interested applicants should complete the online application by visiting http://jobs.upike.edu. In addition to the application, applicants are requested to attach to their application, a letter of interest, current resume, and the contact information for three to five professional references.
- In lieu of a tenure system, the University of Pikeville uses a "regular faculty appointment" system consisting of up to four years of one-year renewable probationary appointments followed by a series of regular three-year rolling appointments.