Search for University Jobs in Business
Assistant/Associate Professor, Accounting (Tenure Track)
Alcorn State University
The incumbent teaches undergraduate and graduate Accounting courses, conducts research and contributes to outreach.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- In-depth knowledge of Accounting Education
- Demonstrated integrity
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and interpersonal
- Strong time management skills
- Passion for teaching and engaging with students
- Skilled in mentoring students
- Ability to work well with colleagues and foster a collegial environment conducive to teamwork and students’ high level of learning
Essential Job Functions
- Conducts a requisite number of classes; Teaches assigned subjects
- Provides guidance and supervision to students
- Creates and maintains an environment conducive to excellence in teaching, learning and research · Preparation and formulation of curricula focused on his/her subject(s)
- Participates in departmental meetings and holds scheduled office hours
- Maintains equipment in the laboratory, plans for laboratory practical sessions, and provides materials to students
- Provides academic support to other faculty members
- Serves on departmental and University committees, as assigned
- Other related duties, as assigned
- Doctor of Philosophy in Accounting or closely related field from an AACSB accredited school
- Five (5) years’ teaching experience at the college or university level
- Postdoctoral experience, with strong evidence of excellence in research and teaching desired
- ABO candidates near completion considered
Licensing and Certifications
Teacher’s license preferred.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |