UPM is hiring faculty members of the highest caliber Male and Female (PhD & Masters with Professional English proficiency) to fill vacancies in:
College of Hospitality Management:
Position: Rooms Division & Housekeeping Instructor, in charge of Rooms Division & Housekeeping Theory & Practice.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND DUTIES:
● Reporting directly to the Director of International Hospitality Program, the Rooms Division & Housekeeping Instructor’s main responsibilities will be to insure the theoretical & practical education of students in the field of Rooms Division & Housekeeping together with the qualitative delivery of Front Office and Housekeeping services within the institution, in the respect of the University of Prince Mugrin College of Hospitality Management quality standards.
● The Rooms Division & Housekeeping Instructor will serve as a role model for excellence, representing the values of the University of Prince Mugrin College of Hospitality Management throughout all undertaken activities.
● This position includes as well as the development of relationships between the student body and the industry through the development of their soft & hard skills, the monitoring of student life and assisting the latter in their employability into the hospitality job market.
● The Rooms Division & Housekeeping Instructor will accompany the University of Prince Mugrin College of Hospitality Management in their academic journey towards excellence in hospitality teaching and their certification process with Ecole Hôtelière de Lausanne.
The scope of this mission includes, but is not limited to:
● Teaching a minimum of 18 contact hours each semester in the academic year (fall & spring).
● The management & supervision of all Front Office & Housekeeping operations on campus in order to cater for the needs of both employees & students, together with the operations’ teams, in the respect of the defined budgetary outlines.
● The setting up & monitoring of work procedure within all Front Office & Housekeeping departments in accordance to the highest health & safety standards within all the departments (HACCP).
● The setting up, supervision and delivery of all theoretical Rooms Division & Housekeeping curriculum performed in the classroom.
● The setting up, supervision and delivery of all practical Rooms Division & Housekeeping curriculum in the university’s outlets in a safe environment.
● The coaching and development of both students and subordinates in order to maximize their future employability in the hospitality industry.
● Monitor and prepare supplies and equipment to ensure readiness of F&B facilities prior to class.
● Report any issues in rooms division department areas or facilities requiring attention or repairs.
● The development of course plans and complete course materials (PowerPoint slides, handouts, exercises, examination scripts…).
● Making course syllabus available to students at the beginning of each semester.
● Submitting all course materials, students’ grading, and course evaluation reports at the end of each semester to the IHM department.
● Keeping classroom records and students’ attendance.
● Participate in the IHM department activities and committees.
● Participate effectively in any administrative related activities with both internal and external stakeholders.
● Carrying out administrative tasks related to the IHM department.
● Utilize the university e-learning platforms in all assigned courses. Ensure proper alignment of the course content with the institution’s cultural environment and local specificities.
● The assurance of regular update and upholding of the institution’s excellence standards.
● Ensure that all educational activities are conducted in a legal and ethical manners.
● Maintaining sufficient office hours for advising students.
● Any other related duties assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Required min. 5 – 7 years of experience in similar position:
- Higher degree delivered in English (PhD or Masters) in a relevant field
- International professional certification will be an advantage (certified rooms division educator or trainer).
- Industry experience and comprehensive knowledge (e.g. housekeeping, laundry, front office, reservation, etc.).Ability to build course content based on the recommendations of the faculty and to use multimedia materials within the teaching practice
- Reception, Reservation & Cashiering in 4 & 5 star hotel industry
- Operational & managerial roles, including of large teams
- Excellent organizational & leadership skills, autonomy & polyvalence
- Effectively communicate with co-workers, supervisors and students both verbally and in writing.
- Rooms division departmental operations mastery
- Revenue Management mastery.
- Professional fluency in English.
- Analysis and synthesis skills.
- Sense of innovation, collective intelligence and creativity.
- Organizational skills and rigor.
- Excellent practice of IT tools (MS Office, PMS, e.g. Opera).
- Flexible and able to deal with dynamic work environment.
- Must be able to work in the evenings and some weekends as required.
- Experiences in rooms division department (e.g. front office, housekeeping, concierge).
- Relevant operational Housekeeping, Concierge and/or Laundry exposure
- Training & development of rooms division service teams
- Teaching experience at the university level.
- Other languages (e.g. French, Arabic will be a plus)