The College of Engineering & Applied Science at University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee seeks an Assistant Dean for Finance and Human Resources to serve in a leadership role, assisting the Dean in providing strategic planning for the College. Expertise in financial planning and oversight is essential. The incumbent must drive the unit to accomplish the strategic goals set forth. This role also leads the administrative staff, managing conflict resolution, implementing change management and crisis prevention and containment. The incumbent works across college and campus divisions and is expected to lead with excellent customer service, demonstrating responsiveness and making timely, well-reasoned decisions.
UWM is a doctoral/research intensive university and Wisconsin’s premier public urban institution, offering a comprehensive, liberal arts, sciences and professional education at the undergraduate and graduate level to nearly 26,000 students. UWM has earned the highest rating for a research institution from the Carnegie Classification of Institution of Higher Education, often referred to as R1 status. UWM is one of only 115 R1 institutions. The College of Engineering & Applied Science consists of seven departments-Biomedical Engineering, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering. The College has approximately 1,750 undergraduate students and 450 graduate students, both Master’s and Doctoral.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field.
- A demonstrated record of progressive, successful experience in a combination of budgetary oversight, human resource management, and university and/or government business operations.
- A successful record supervising professional staff/direct reports.
- Excellent written communication skills.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Master’s degree in business administration or related field.
- Working knowledge of information systems for budget and human resources data management.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of professional colleagues, making timely insights and recommendations.
- Evidence that the applicant places a high value on diversity and inclusion within the workplace.
- Post award grants management experience, experience at a doctoral institution or experience working with granting agencies’
- Knowledge of national trends and best practices in finance and human resources management in higher education.
- Evidence of strategic modeling, forecasting and translation of strategic goals into implemented achievements.
- Excellent verbal communication skills’
- Demonstrated leadership including conflict resolution, change management and crisis prevention/containment.
The complete application package must be submitted electronically to http://jobs.uwm.edu/postings/29605
Application materials should include:
- A letter describing your interest in and qualifications for the position
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- A leadership statement
- A document listing the name, address (including e-mail), and telephone number of three professional references.
This is a continuous recruitment with an initial review of applications to begin on November 12, 2019. Applications received after November 11, 2019 may not receive consideration.
In instances where the Search and Screen Committee is unable to ascertain from the candidates’ application materials whether he/she meets any of the qualifications, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications. All application materials will be further evaluated as evidence of excellent written communication skills.
For this position, applicants are required to apply online. UWM will not consider paper, emailed or faxed applications. Additionally, applicants must complete all required fields and attach any required documents. The process is complete when the message "Your application has been submitted" is displayed and you receive a confirmation number.