A Level C academic is expected to make significant contributions to the teaching effort of a department, school, faculty or other organisational unit or an interdisciplinary area. An academic at this level is also expected to play a major role in scholarship, research and/or professional activities.
The role contributes primarily to teaching of Business Law and Taxation related units at undergraduate and graduate levels and conduct competitive industry focused research on International Trade Law, Malaysian Business Law and Malaysian Income Tax Law. An academic at this level is expected to have experience of teaching and leading the Business Law and Taxation related modules at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. The appointee with industry experience and network is greatly appreciated.
Specific duties required of a Level C academic may include:
1. The conduct of tutorials, practical classes, demonstrations, workshops, student field excursions, clinical sessions and/or studio sessions
2. Initiation and development of subject material
3. Course coordination
4. The preparation and delivery of lectures and seminars
5. Supervision of major honours or postgraduate research projects
6. Supervision of the program of study of honours students and of postgraduate students engaged in course work
7. The conduct of research
8. Significant role in research projects including, where appropriate, leadership of a research team
9. Involvement in professional activity
10. Consultation with students
11. Broad administrative functions
12. Marking and assessment
13. Attendance at departmental, school and/or faculty meetings and a major role in planning or committee work
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
1. The appointee will have:
- a doctoral or masters qualification in the relevant discipline area or equivalent accreditation and standing and/or recognised significant experience in the relevant discipline area.
In determining experience relative to qualifications, regard shall be had to teaching experience, experience in research, experience outside tertiary education, creative achievement, professional contributions and/or contributions to technical achievement. In addition, a position at this level will normally require a record of demonstrable scholarly and professional achievement in the relevant discipline area.
Knowledge and Skills
2. Possess a high level of interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team across both the education and service sectors
3. Demonstrated publication record in high-quality refereed journals, conferences equivalent textbooks or teaching resources
4. Demonstrated ability in undertaking outstanding research and leading a research team and project
5. Proven record of obtaining significant external grants for research
6. Demonstrated record of successfully supervising postgraduate research students
7. Ability to work positively and cooperatively with students, internal and external teams and external organisations
8. Demonstrated strong record of teaching experience in a tertiary environment including course coordination
9. Demonstrated ability to motivate, actively engage and educate a given audience
10. Proven ability, commitment and passion for engaging in scholarly and research activities
11. A demonstrated capacity to work in a collegiate manner with other staff in the workplace
To apply, send your Cover Letter and Resume to recruit@ monash.edu and quote the job number.
Closing Date: 28 September 2019
Monash University is Australia’s largest university and a member of the prestigious Group of Eight research intensive universities. Monash consistently rates in the top 100 universities in the world.
Monash University Malaysia (MUM) is Monash’s third largest campus, with over 8000 students and 900 staff. We are a comprehensive campus offering degrees in business, engineering, medicine, science, information technology, pharmacy, social science and humanities. We are rated among the very best among universities in Malaysia, and the quality of our research output positions us among the very best universities in Southeast Asia.
MUM provides Monash University with a platform for scholarly engagement with the dynamic Southeast Asia region. We are located in greater Kuala Lumpur, in the Klang Valley, one of the region’s industrial hotspots. We sit in the heart of the rapidly developing economic corridor linking Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok and beyond. Our education and research is oriented towards deep engagement with this dynamic social and industrial landscape.
In 2018, we celebrated our twentieth anniversary in Malaysia. During this time we have produced more than 16,000 graduates from more than 70 different countries. We provide a diverse and inclusive scholarly environment.
Monash is a six Star SETARA university as rated by the Malaysian Ministry of Education. This places us in the very top "outstanding" cohort of Malaysian Universities.
For further information see www.monash.edu.my.
The School of Business is the largest school at Monash University Malaysia with enrolment numbers in excess of 2,400 students. The School is structured into 6 disciplines; Accounting & Finance, Business Law & Taxation, Marketing, Management, Economics, and Econometrics & Business Statistics.
The School’s vision is to become one of the best business school in Asia, as measured by the quality and impact of its teaching and research, and, through these, to engage with and serve the community. By pursuing this vision, the school contributes to the University’s mission to improve the human condition by advancing knowledge and fostering creativity.
The School’s aim to have a profound impact on business in Asia and have established a new School-based research hub that focuses on developing, commercializing and actualizing ideas in the area of Innovation and Entrepreneurship. The Hub will lead the School staff in expanding their links with industry and collaboration with key stakeholders in the business and research community. In so doing, the School will contribute to improve competitiveness of firms and industries in Malaysia and the region.
The School is led by the Head of School who is advised and supported by an Executive Committee comprising senior academic and professional staff members of the School: Deputy Heads of School, Heads of Discipline, Senior School Manager and managers.
For further information, see: http//www.buseco.monash.edu.my/