: Faculty - Tenure Track (FT)
Utah Valley University's Marketing Department in the Woodbury School of Business invites applications for a tenure-track position. The successful candidate will:
* Conduct assigned undergraduate and graduate courses and seminars in Sales and Marketing as assigned; preparing and following an appropriate course of study with measurable goals; sales courses might include Professional Selling, Advanced Sales, Sales Management, Sales Operations, graduate-level Sales courses, etc.
* Develop curriculum, independent study activities, and off-campus learning such as practicums and internships
* Engage in scholarly activities that contribute to the academic missions of the university and business school, including publishing in quality peer-reviewed academic journals
* Render service to the academic community relevant to their area of expertise, including providing peer review of scholarly research
* Serve on college/school or university committees and participate in mission-aligned service activities and programsFull tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents, substantial employer contribution to retirement, affordable medical and dental insurance, life insurance, & 12 paid holidays.
Doctorate in Marketing (or related field) from an appropriately accredited university required (AACSB for business or equivalent for other fields). ABD candidates will also be considered but must have degree in hand at the start of the Fall 2022 semester.
Must have research, work experience, or teaching experience in Sales and Marketing
Must be willing to teach sales courses, conduct scholarly research in sales and marketing, and contribute to the effort of building a sales program
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Knowledge and skills related to the theories and practices of professional selling, advanced sales techniques, sales management, sales operations, professional presentations, and marketing.
* Knowledge and skills related to student management, motivation, and evaluation
* Knowledge and skills related to instruction, curriculum development and assessment, and program development and assessment
* Ability to conduct a program of research that produces publications in quality academic journals
* Ability to innovate and bring about positive change
* Ability to engage with the business community in an effort to help build a thriving sales program that trains sales professionals and helps them obtain desirable sales positions
* Skills in written and oral communication
* Ability to work effectively and collegially with people.
* Experience in professional selling, training sales professionals, and/or managing a sales force
* Experience running a successful business school sales program
* Experience teaching sales and marketing courses
Talking continuously, sitting and standing regularly. Fine hand manipulation for use in computer systems.
Full tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents, substantial employer contribution to retirement, affordable medical and dental insurance, life insurance, & 12 paid holidays.
DOQ-Commensurate with Experience
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Please attach Student Teaching Reviews for Other document #1. Under References Letter please list a minimum of three contacts. References may be contacted at some point during the screening and selection process. Preliminary interviews will be conducted via video conference.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/24479
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.