- Full time, continuing
- Join an internationally accredited and respected business school
- Academic Level B position with remuneration package between $110,856 - $131,639 p.a. + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The Discipline of Finance at The University of Sydney Business School is a leading group in Australasia for finance and banking research, located in the exciting and multicultural city of Sydney. It comprises over 40 academics and professional staff with research strengths in corporate finance, asset pricing, market microstructure and behavioral finance. Our expertise is reflected in our sought-after degree programs, both undergraduate and postgraduate (including PhD), which promote a deep understanding of the key concepts and contemporary applications of finance.
We are currently seeking to appoint ambitious and collegial academics with expertise in one or more of the major areas of Finance. We are especially interested in recruiting emerging scholars with expertise in Corporate Finance and/or Asset Pricing, but will consider all areas of specialisation. We offer a world-class research and teaching environment with strong links to the national and international academic community and industry. The Discipline of Finance values academic excellence, positivity, teamwork and cooperation. We are looking for outstanding early career academics with a passion for research and teaching excellence and a desire to contribute to the development of an encouraging, safe-to-fail, and ambitious academic culture.
In this position you will:
- contribute to the research strengths of the School, including regular publication in journals of high standing, pursuing research grants, and presenting and disseminating research findings through appropriate channels
- Develop and deliver cutting edge, innovative and high quality teaching and learning at undergraduate and postgraduate level to large, culturally-diverse student cohorts
- be involved in interdisciplinary collaborations within the University and with external stakeholders
- contribute to academic administration
- supervise higher degree research students
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for colleagues with:
- a PhD in Finance (a PhD under examination is acceptable)
- an active research program with demonstrable outputs and significant potential for future publication and lasting impact
- evidence of high quality teaching in Finance at undergraduate or postgraduate We are especially interested in academics who have expertise in Corporate Finance and/or Asset Pricing
- Interest in, experience of, or potential for teaching in large, interdisciplinary teams
- demonstrated capacity to stimulate, actively engage and educate a range of audiences using a range of media
- capacity to contribute to course and program development to maintain alignment with the contemporary finance environment
- experience in consulting or collaborating with industry, or potential and enthusiasm to do so
- evidence of successful teamwork and a collegial app
To be considered for this position, please provide a CV, a job market research paper and a cover letter which demonstrates your suitability and enthusiasm for this role. These will provide evidence of how your experience and scholarship aligns with the role and should be uploaded online, along with any additional information you may have in support of your application.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
Closing date for applications
11.59pm, 25 April 2022
How to apply
Please click here to apply
© The University of Sydney