Position Title: Assistant Professor of Management
As a part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University seeks an Assistant Professor of Management to promote our Catholic Franciscan mission and identity by demonstrating academic excellence and the potential for distinctive contributions to the holistic development of students. We have openings for two full-time Assistant Professor of Management faculty positions in the Byrum School of Business starting August 2024.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values and honoring the legacy of the founding congregation through transformative education, unity in diversity, leadership through service, integrating faith and life, and institutional policies.
- A full-time teaching load of 12 credit hours per semester at the undergraduate level with possibly one course at the graduate level.
- Student advising with some summer advising expected.
- Regular curriculum development/enhancement activities.
- Participation in school meetings, committees, and recruiting activities.
- Ongoing professional development activities.
- Teach in a team environment.
- Manage classroom projects and student led teams.
- Facilitate, mentor, and coach students.
- Help students develop key skills related to communication, teamwork and problem solving.
- Assists students in developing career plans.
- Link areas of expertise to other areas of business.
- Connect students with internship and employment opportunities.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Knowledge of and a commitment to the mission of Marian University.
- Adheres to Marian University’s policy and procedures.
- Shows courtesy and respect in interactions with fellow employees, students subordinates, and supervisors.
- Communicates regularly with supervisor about department issues.
- Meets department productivity standards.
- Participates in developing department goals, objective, and systems.
- Establishes department measurements that align and support the accomplishment of the university’s strategic goals.
- Adheres to the department budget
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ideal candidates have a graduate degree in Management or related field and experience teaching courses in two or more of these areas: Principles of Management, Business Plan Competition, Entrepreneurship, Leadership, Strategy, Organizational Behavior, and Human Resources Management.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Commitment to collegiality and working in a team environment.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications require a cover letter, a current resume, contact information for three professional references, and responses to the supplemental mission questions.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application: