The University at Buffalo School of Management seeks an Executive Director with senior management experience as well as a demonstrated understanding and experience working with the regional entrepreneurial and small business community in Western New York to lead the Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership.
Duties will include:
· Manage strategic direction of CEL through strategic planning and implementation
· Provide oversight to CEL operations and facilitate programs where appropriate
· Provide management and oversight of the CEL team
· Oversee recruitment/marketing for CEL programs
· Work closely with the CEL Advisory Board and CEL Alumni Association Board
· Coordinate and convene entrepreneurial activities across campus and in the WNY community
· Engage in philanthropy/advancement/funding to support CEL programs
· Provide financial management oversight for CEL
· Other related duties as assigned
About the School of Management and the University at Buffalo
The UB School of Management is recognized for its emphasis on real-world learning, community and economic impact, and the global perspective of its faculty, students and alumni. For more information about the UB School of Management, visit mgt.buffalo.edu.
Impactful research, academic merit, transformative scholar experiences, and broad-ranging service to local, state, national, and international populations describe UB’s calling as a leading research-intensive public university. UB was founded in 1846 as a private medical college located in downtown Buffalo and joined SUNY in 1962. Today, UB is the largest and most comprehensive public research university in the SUNY system and a prominent, global center for academic excellence. In 1990, UB was the first public university in the Northeast to be welcomed into the Association of American Universities (AAU), joining North America’s other leading research universities.
UB is located in Buffalo, NY, which is located on Lake Erie, close to Niagara Falls, and a short distance from Toronto, Ontario, and other attractions, and is a city that features world-class art galleries and museums (American Style ranked Buffalo as the #1 arts destination for all mid-size cities), impressive architecture, and a wonderful series of parks and outdoor recreation areas. Buffalo is the 2nd largest city in New York State, has a vibrant downtown with a plethora of restaurants for every palette, and is an entertainment central. It is home to iconic historical landmarks such as the Underground Railroad and countless others. Buffalo is close to two significant wine growing regions-Niagara Escarpment and the Finger Lakes region. In addition, the Adirondack Mountains are half-a-day’s drive from Buffalo. Rich in natural resources and beauty, the Buffalo Niagara area is a four-season region that offers the best for seasonal sports enthusiasts. These features along with the economic and cultural revitalization being experienced by the city and surrounding region and its affordability, make the region highly attractive as evidenced by Buffalo’s top rankings in multiple categories as a place to live.
The University at Buffalo is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. The University is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a diverse environment. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
For more information about the UB School of Management, visit mgt.buffalo.edu. To learn more and apply, visit www.ubjobs.buffalo.edu
* Bachelor’s degree with at least five or more years senior management experience (for profit, not-for profit, and/or higher education).
- Experience with and understanding of the regional entrepreneurial and small business community.
- Exceptional advising skills including communication, problem solving, detailed oreinted and service oriented attitude.
- High level strategic thinking and planning. Ability to envision and convey the organization’s strategic future to the staff, board, volunteers and donors.
- Ability to facilitate strategic planning and other business programs.
- Ability to effectively communicate the organization’s mission to donors, volunteers and the overall community.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
- A history of successfully generating new revenue streams and improving financial results.
- Active fundraising experience. Excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the funding community.
- Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations of influence including funders, partner agencies and volunteers.
- Strong organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong public speaking ability.
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of integrity.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team environment. Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
* Master’s degree or another advanced degree in higher education or related field.
- Significant experience as a small business owner/entrepreneur. * Demonstrated experience in designing and delivering small business/entrepreneurship programs