- Two full time continuing positions
- Join an internationally accredited and respected business school
- Academic Level B or C, Base Salary $110856 – $156,579 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The Discipline of Business Analytics is a group that combines academics from statistics/econometrics, management science and computer science. We are engaged in all aspects of analyzing data, making forecasts and building models to assist in management decisions. The Discipline has research strengths in the areas of financial time series and quantitative risk management; business and economic forecasting; econometrics and Bayesian statistics; computationally intensive estimation; supply chain management and scheduling theory. The group is building up expertise in machine learning and is open to appointing teachers and researchers in other emerging fields in business analytics such as text analytics.
We are currently seeking to appoint new colleagues with expertise in one or more of the major areas of business analytics, including statistics and data analysis, statistical learning, machine learning, operations management, operations research and management science, risk analytics, and time series analysis. We are especially interested in recruiting academics with expertise in machine learning and statistics, or machine learning and management science.
In this position you will:
- contribute to the research strengths of the School, including regular publication in journals of high standing, pursuing research grants, and presenting and disseminating research findings through appropriate channels
- develop and deliver cutting edge, innovative and high-quality teaching and learning at undergraduate and postgraduate level to large, culturally-diverse student cohorts
- be involved in interdisciplinary collaborations within the University and with external stakeholders
- contribute to academic administration
- supervise higher degree research students.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for colleagues with:
- a PhD in Business Analytics, Statistics, Operations Management, Operations Research and Management Science, Machine Learning, or a related discipline (A PhD under examination is acceptable at lecturer level)
- an active research program with significant potential for future publication (Lecturer level) or a well-established program (Senior Lecturer level)
- evidence of high-quality teaching in Business Analytics, Statistics, or Machine Learning, at undergraduate or postgraduate level. We are especially interested in academics who have expertise in machine learning and statistics or machine learning and management science
- interest in, experience of, or potential for teaching in interdisciplinary teams
- demonstrated capacity to stimulate, actively engage and educate a range of audiences using a range of media
- capacity to contribute to (Lecturer level) or take leadership of (Senior Lecturer) course and program development
- potential for engagement with industry (Lecturer level) or experience in consulting or collaborating with industry (Senior Lecturer level)
- evidence of successful teamwork and a collegial approach.
To be considered for this position, please provide a CV and a cover letter which demonstrates your suitability and enthusiasm for this role. These will provide evidence of how your experience and scholarship aligns with the role and should be uploaded online, along with any additional information you may have in support of your application.
For the right candidates, visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
How to apply
Closing date for applications
11:59pm, 10 November 2021
How to apply
Please click here to apply https://usyd.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/USYD_EXTERNAL_CAREER_SITE/job/Camperdown…
© The University of Sydney