The University of North Texas invites applications for the position of Lecturer (non tenure track) in Professionalism, beginning Fall 2020. The appointment is renewable annually.
● Teaching at least one section of a course in Professionalism to graduating students majoring within the department.
● Providing advising, counseling and retention services to students majoring within the department.
● Developing and supervising internships for majors in the department, including conducting information session for students and assisting students in the application and processing of internships.
● Developing and maintaining relationships with employers and those offering internships to majors in the department.
● Working with the Career Center to increase the number of internships available to majors in the department.
● Matching students with internship opportunities.
● Working with employers and other groups to enhance employment opportunities for majors in the department.
● Working with students majoring in the department to prepare for internships and employment, including assistance with resumes, interviews, etc.
● Supervising and working with student groups in the department to coordinate speakers and professionalism opportunities for students.
● Traveling with students to conferences related to student groups and professional development opportunities and supervising student participation.
● Attending recruiting events for the department, both inside and outside the university.
● Ensuring recruiting materials and department website are up to date and provide effective materials to support recruiting efforts.
● Working with the department chair to identify and implement retention strategies for the Department.
● Assisting students with selecting appropriate courses and enrolling to ensure timely completion of degree requirements.