Capilano University is a teaching-focused university offering a wide range of programs and services that enable students to succeed in their current studies, in their ongoing education, in their chosen careers, in their lifelong pursuit of knowledge and in their contribution as responsible citizens in a rapidly changing and diverse global community. Located in a natural environment on the slopes of the North Shore, with a campus located in Sechelt on the Sunshine Coast, Capilano University campuses are on the traditional and unceded territories of the Lil’wat, Musqueam, Sechelt (shíshálh), Squamish and Tsleil-Waututh Nations.
- Make a tangible difference in the lives of students.
- Be part of a nimble institution with the ability to be responsive to the needs of constituents.
- Support and encourage creativity, innovation, scholarly activity and research amongst faculty.
- Join a regional centre of teaching excellence making global impacts.
The Dean of Business and Professional Studies (BPS) is responsible for the senior academic leadership of the largest Faculty at Capilano University and its three schools delivering highly applied and relevant learning opportunities – the School of Business, the School of Legal Studies, and the School of Communication. Leading a very career-oriented Faculty such as BPS, the Dean also works externally to create linkages with industry and employers to support the employability of current and future Capilano graduates. With a commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion as well as decolonization, the Dean will also build on Capilano’s efforts to indigenize the curriculum.
- A visionary leader and change enabler who can articulate a bold vision aligned with the University’s strategic/academic plans.
- A proven collaborator and translator, well experienced with the complexities of the post-secondary landscape.
- An inclusive and empowering leader, recognized for leveraging your solid relationship skills to move things forward effectively and efficiently.
- Experienced in and dedicated to working with First Nations partners to indigenize curriculum.
- Able to bridge relationships between the academy and industry.
Your experience as faculty and senior administrator is augmented by a Ph.D or other relevant doctoral degree, ideally related to the programmatic areas of the Faculty. Experience working in industry also within the programmatic areas would be a real asset.
If you are ready to take on a leadership role in support of outstanding teaching and learning – on a breathtaking mountain-top campus – please submit your CV and a cover letter to Allison Rzen and Shelina Esmail at https://pfmsearch.com/executive-opportunity/capilano-university-dean-facult….
Preference will be given to candidates that are legally able to work in Canada.