Position Assistant/ Associate Professor, Business Administration
Department Business Administration
School Prince Mohammed Bin Fahd University
Reports to Department Chair; Dean
The College of Business Administration (COBA) at Prince Mohammad Bin Fahd University in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has experienced a remarkable growth since its inception in 2006; today it is a premier business school, offering five undergraduate majors and two graduate programs to prepare its students for long-lasting, successful, and fulfilling professional careers here and abroad.
Along with its growth, COBA and its outstanding faculty have gained an excellent academic reputation not only in the region, but also internationally, as evidenced by the establishment of cooperative relationships with distinguished universities from around the world.
As the business and labor environments in Saudi Arabia continue to transform and prosper, and as COBA progresses comfortably in its pursuit of AACSB accreditation, the College and its three departments seek to further grow the number of educators and researchers committed to generating a workforce and intellectual environment that meet the skills and knowledge demands identified in the Kingdom’s Vision 2030 master plan.
Full-time faculty members teach courses in the Fall and Spring semesters; Summer semester teaching opportunities might be available. The teaching load may range from 12 credit hours for Full Professors to 18-20 credit hours for Lecturers. Classes may be scheduled during the day and evenings. The position holder is expected to teach a broad range of general and skills-based business administration courses at the undergraduate; faculty members may also request – or be required to – teach courses at the graduate level. Full-time faculty members are also expected to attend faculty meetings and university events, serve on committees, and engage in academic scholarship and professional development activities.
Qualifications & Experience (Required)
Candidates must have earned a doctorate degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Digital Marketing, Operations Management or a closely related field from an accredited Western residential university. The ideal candidate also exhibits the following characteristics;
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- A minimum of three years of demonstrated teaching excellence in programs in which English is used as the language of instruction.
- An active research record as evidenced by publications in refereed journals and at conferences.
- A strong willingness to become engaged in service to the university and the community, and to participate in department, college, and university initiatives, especially as they relate to accreditation.
- Strong cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Experience with AACSB accreditation is highly beneficial.
- Familiarity with technology-infused academic environments is required.
- Previous experiences in the Middle East in general and in GCC countries in particular are an added bonus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Required)
- Maintain an appropriate scholarly or professional development activity and to keep up to date with developments in the field as necessary to carry out the duties of the position.
- Participate in the comprehensive advisement of students majoring in the College.
- Contribute to the overall work of the College and/or equivalent external organizations by representing the institution and faculty on appropriate committees and groups.
- Effectively contribute to the management and administrative processes and committee structures of the School, faculty, and College, as required.
- Participate in, manage, or lead major initiatives or areas of work (as either sustained or one-time projects) that facilitate School, faculty, or College performance and accreditation, as required.
- Participate in the recruitment, management, development, and mentoring of colleagues, as required.
- And perform any and all other position-related duties as requested by Chair, Dean, Vice President, or President.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out the duties of the position in accordance with College values and standards and in line with College policies and procedures, upholding high professional standards and leading by example.
- Work with our students as members of a learning community to provide world-class education and an excellent student experience.
- Integrate the College value of inclusiveness into all appropriate aspects of the job, respecting the dignity and diversity of all members of the College community and of visitors to the College.
- Promote the values of collegiality within the College community.
Teaching and other academic duties
- Contribute at an appropriate level to school and faculty policy and practice in teaching and research.
- Play a significant role in the design, development, and planning of courses and programs within the subject area as required.
- Play a significant role in the review of courses and programs and in assessment, quality assurance, and quality enhancement as required.
- Develop innovative approaches to learning and teaching as appropriate.
- Provide timely feedback and assessment of coursework and examinations.
- Provide general support and guidance to students, resolving issues and/or referring to specialist parties, where appropriate.
Remuneration and Benefits
PMU offers an income tax-free compensation package, commensurate with rank and experience, including 12-month salary, PMU accommodation, annual vacation, and annual round-trip airfare to the home country, medical insurance and end of contract benefits.
How to Apply
Application to this position require a letter of interest, curriculum vita (include a recent photo; state citizenship; and links to Google Scholar & Scopus and LinkedIn profile), unofficial copy of Ph.D. Diploma, statement of research and teaching interests and a portfolio (no more than 20 pages long) that includes representative professional work depicting evidence of research, teaching activities; a narrative of administrative and leadership philosophy including a statement of past and proposed efforts to enhance diversity as well as the names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses of at least three professional references who may be contacted, with permission of the candidate, following initial evaluations by the search committee.
Note: In order to apply for a position of Associate / Full Professor, candidates must provide a letter of promotion from an academic institution with a documented due process to the rank of Associate / Full Professor.
Positions advertised on our job website and can be closed at the discretion of the department at any time. This position is open until filled. This employment site is updated on a regular basis. The length of the recruitment and screening process may vary from position to position, depending upon a variety of factors. Should review of your qualifications result in a decision to pursue your candidacy, you will be contacted by phone or email.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until positions are filled.
Alternatively, send your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org in the event of an unsuccessful online application. (Please specify Position Applied for: Ex: Assistant Professor in Business Administration" in the email subject line and please also mention the name of the source/website where you have seen this advertisement).
PMU reserves the right to alter, amend and add responsibilities to this position in line with the institutional needs. Changes and amendments to this job description shall be within the academic framework and the general employment conditions.