A Level E academic is expected to exercise a special responsibility in providing leadership and in fostering excellence in research, teaching, professional activities and policy development in the academic discipline within the department or other comparable organisational unit, within the university and within the community, both scholarly and general.
The academic will have responsibility for fostering excellence in research, teaching, engagement and professional activities in the academic discipline within the school, campus and the University.
Specific duties required of a Level E academic may include:
1. Actively engage in a specialist research area in line with the Faculty’s research strategy, by maintaining a substantial active publications record (high-quality refereed journals) and supervising and mentoring early career researchers and research students
2. Foster research excellence through procuring competitive research grants, leading significant research projects and working with other staff to develop research links
3. Provide strong and committed leadership in teaching, curriculum development and research training by participating in the faculty’s curriculum planning and development processes, academic committees, and relevant examination processes in addition to monitoring the quality of individual teaching in the relevant discipline
4. Provide innovative and effective leadership for the expansion of the faculty’s HDR program by attracting high quality HDR students
5. Contribute to academic and administrative leadership within the faculty by participating in the development of policy and strategy
6. Maintain and broaden collaborative partnerships with relevant faculties and departments/schools within the University and community
7. Maintain and broaden collaborative partnerships with external agencies both nationally and internationally, making a significant contribution to the profession
8. Actively contribute to partnering with industry and diversifying funding avenues
Key Selection Criteria:
1. A doctoral qualification, or equivalent accreditation and standing, and recognised as a leading authority in the relevant discipline
Knowledge & Skills:
2. Evidence of outstanding scholarly activity of an international standard in the relevant discipline including significant publications in high impact journals, a consistent record of high level research engagement and productivity and a demonstrated ongoing commitment to one or more programs of research.
3. Demonstrated ability to generate research income, including from both traditional and more innovative sources of research funding
4. Record of successful supervision of postgraduate research students and the ability to make a significant contribution to postgraduate training programs in the relevant discipline.
5. A record of successful supervision of HDR students to completion.
6. Willingness and capacity to make a substantial contribution to all activities of the department, including administration and planning
7. Proven professional leadership qualities and capacity for executive administrative responsibilities
8. Evidence of strong networking skills and a demonstrated commitment and capacity to establish, maintain and strengthen collaborative relationships with industry, government and professional bodies in national, regional and international environments.
9. The incumbent will be required to deliver units using different pedagogies that range from fully face-to-face,
Other Job Related Information:
Travel to other campuses of the University may be required
There may be a requirement to work additional hours from time to time
There may be peak periods of work during which taking of leave may be restricted
To apply, send your Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the job title.