Faculty Support Team Supervisor (7374U), Haas School of Business - 1595 - 1595
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley's culture of openness, freedom and acceptanceacademic and artistic, political and culturalmake it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: September 19, 2019
UC Berkeley's Haas School of Business offers a unique opportunity to champion new ideas, collaborate across boundaries, and continually learn in a workplace committed to increasing diversity and creating a welcoming environment for all.
Our distinctive culture is captured within our four Defining Leadership Principles: Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always, and Beyond Yourself. These principles distinguish Berkeley Haas as a unique environment, conducive to teamwork, collaboration, and career growth.
For more information about the Haas School of Business visit: https://haas.berkeley.edu/about/
- Supervises the work of the Faculty Support Team with responsibility for quality and quantity of work.
- Develops and implements job specific training for Faculty Assistants that ensures consistent coverage for all faculty members.
- Includes development of documented procedures, as necessary, and development of performance standards.
- Assists management with the assignment of faculty to Faculty Assistants.
- Makes work assignments, work schedules and manages workflow for balance between assistants and optimum service delivery to faculty.
- Serves as back up to Faculty Assistants, as needed.
- Supervises and follows internal policies and procedures.
- Distributes and sets up work; monitors the progress of work of the department.
- Provides assistance and information about processes and resources to perform faculty assistant assignments.
- Recommends personnel-related actions.
- Participates in the selection, development and evaluation of staff to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Participates in the development of performance reviews.
- Assists in development and monitoring of objectives and performance improvement plans.
- Makes recommendations for development training and learning opportunities, as well as morale building activities.
- Reviews, processes, and approves transactions.
- Monitors work product and provides coaching, as necessary.
- Assesses and recommends changes in processes; proposes new tools.
- Ensures communication processes exist for Faculty Assistants to receive and distribute information necessary for their understanding of the school and their roles.
- Coordinates preparation of necessary meeting agendas and minutes.
- Performs accounting tasks using the Berkeley Financial System (BFS).
- Researches and resolves issues and discrepancies.
- Ensures delivery of quality customer service to various constituencies.
- Develops and participates in Staff Development.
- Works on special programs as assigned.
- Attends classes which will enhance expertise in job areas.
- Serves on departmental and campus-wide committees as appropriate.
- Participates in activities that enhance the campus community and/or larger community to further University service.
- Minimum of two years of lead or supervisory experience within an administrative unit
- Minimum of two years of related administrative support experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills to effectively lead, motivate and develop a team or group of individuals
- Ability to develop diverse and inclusive teams or work groups
- Excellent customer service & collaboration skills, demonstrating the ability to partner effectively with a diverse group of individuals
- Strong skills to creatively evaluate situations, identify a resolution and solve problems
- Excellent communication skills; both verbally and in writing.
- Strong multitasking skills, demonstrating the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
- Proficient to advanced skills using MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access in PC or MAC environments, demonstrating the ability to learn the new environment
- Proficient with using desktop publishing and Web editing business software
- Demonstrated computer proficiency with Google suite, including email and google docs
- Bachelors degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
- Understanding of campus processes and procedures, rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of common campus-specific and other computer application programs.
Salary & Benefits
This is an exempt, monthly paid position. Annual salary will be commensurate with experience up to $95,000.00.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=1595&PostingSeq=1