Search for University Jobs in Business
Associate Director of Partnerships and Experiential Learning - The Fletcher School
The Fletcher School is the United States’ first professional graduate school of international affairs. Since 1933 Fletcher’s multi-disciplinary education in international relations, law, and business, has prepared the world’s leaders to become innovative problem-solvers in government, private sector, and non-governmental organizations. The Fletcher School seeks to fulfill its mission in the most environmentally sensible way possible. We are also committed to increasing the diversity of our administrative staff. Members of under-represented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Office of Career Services (OCS) provides career education, programming and coaching to Fletcher students and alumni to help them maximize their career opportunities. The OCS also manages marketing and relationship management with employers around the world.
What You'll Do
The Associate Director of Partnerships and Experiential Learning will play a critical role in building and maintaining relationships with organizations across all sectors to support the employment opportunities and experiential learning goals of the Fletcher students who are eligible for these offerings. To build practical skills in the international affairs field, The Fletcher School is offering some of its students a practicum course and summer internships for credit. The practicum course will be led by a member of the faculty and focused on real-world projects sourced from all sectors. The internships for credit will also be supervised by a member of the faculty.
Essential Functions include:
- Develop professional practicum and regular internship opportunities by cultivating and maintaining employer relationships.
- Support students who seek internships for credit to identify and be well matched with an internship organization.
- Generate a robust list of target organizations and functional departments across all major employment sectors.
- Engage with current and potential organizations to identify and evaluate opportunities, learning outcomes, and work environments.
- Establish ongoing relationships and explore options to further expand experiential learning opportunities for students in all degree programs.
- Collaborate with the Office of Career Services team and other faculty, administrators and alumni at Fletcher and Tufts to leverage existing and new relationships with employer organizations.
- Coordinate outreach efforts in conjunction with the larger Office of Career Services team.
- Foster full time opportunities for Fletcher students with target organizations.
- Regularly assess the needs of students in terms of desired experiential opportunities and develop an outreach strategy accordingly.
- Collaborate with the professors teaching the practicum courses to determine desired real-world projects for the practicum courses that will take place each fall
- Lead compliance efforts. Work in partnership with faculty and the central administration to comply with university regulations and execute Memorandums of Understanding and Non-disclosure Agreements if required.
- Work with faculty, administrators, and students to ensure that practicum and internship deliverables are met.
- Manage an employer relationship management database.
- Manage, develop, and advertise experiential learning career opportunities; Ensure that internships are posted in Fletcher CORE.
- Plan and execute related virtual and in-person events as needed
- Advise a caseload of students on all aspects of career education, job searching, and professional development.
- Stay up to date with market trends, job requirements, hiring practices, and salaries to be able to effectively coach students.
- Provide students with career development resources
Monitoring and Assessment
- Regularly monitor experiential learning opportunities through surveys, one-on-one meetings, and outreach to students, employers, and practicum clients.
- Conduct assessments with students and employers to determine the quality and value of the experiential learning experience for all parties involved.
- Provide coaching to students encountering issues with the practicum and internships.
- Collect, track, analyze, and report on practicum and internship experiences. Produce reports for various stakeholders
Promote Opportunities and Outcomes
- Develop promotional materials and communications for potential practicum and internship providers.
- Work with the Office of Communications and Public Relations to promote the work of students.
- Create, monitor, and update relevant web pages
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of five years of related experience in the private sector (human resources, sales, relationship management) or educational administration (career services, program management, public relations, alumni affairs).
- Demonstrated relationship development and management skills a must
- A motivated, enthusiastic, self-starter with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to oversee multiple tasks with attention to detail
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a broad range of internal and external constituents
- Excellent computer, organizational, and time management skills
- Must demonstrate mature and sophisticated judgment
- Ability to think strategically
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work with a demanding and diverse set of faculty, alumni, and students
- Master's degree (student affairs, marketing, human resource management, international affairs, or related field).
- Experience working with mid-career students
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |