Searching for one full-time tenure track Assistant Professor in retail technology/digital retailing with expertise in cutting-edge technology applicable to retail.
- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses with technology applications that support programs in retailing, digital retailing, merchandising, and consumer experience management.
- Mentor graduate students; direct graduate student research.
- Develop an active research program that supports the curriculum.
- Obtain external research funding.
- Develop strong industry partnerships that enhance student experiences.
- Participate in department, college and university committees.
- Develop strong professional scholarly service and outreach.
1. Earned doctorate with coursework in applied technology.
2. Demonstrated use of applied technology to bridge teaching and research in one or more of the following: retail, digital retailing, retail merchandising, retail innovation, or an aligned social science.
3. Expertise in digital applications, AI, and/or other emerging technologies applied to one of the above areas.
4. Academic and/or research expertise in one or more of the above areas.
5. Demonstrated scholarly potential.
6. Aligned industry experience.
The Department of Merchandising and Digital Retailing (MDR) at University of North Texas is ranked among the top merchandising programs in the nation. It has over 700 undergraduate students majoring in five innovative programs and nearly 30 graduate students. MDR offers the nation’s first and only bachelor’s degrees in digital retailing and in consumer experience management plus bachelor’s degrees in merchandising, retail, and home furnishings merchandising. MDR also offers the M.S. in Merchandising, an online Graduate Academic Certificate in Digital Retail Merchandising, and an interdisciplinary Ph.D. program with a concentration in consumer behavior and experience management with the College of Information. The MDR Department’s mission is to develop talent for careers in the dynamic global marketplace through innovative research, strong industry connections and diverse coursework that includes an internship and study tours.
Established in 1890, UNT is a tier-one research university and one of the nation’s largest public universities with over 39,000 students. As a catalyst for creativity, UNT fuels progress, innovation and entrepreneurship for the North Texas region and the state.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.