The University of North Texas invites applications for the position of Lecturer (non tenure track) in Professionalism, beginning Fall 2019. The appointment is renewable annually.
● Teaching at least one section of a course in Professionalism to graduating students majoring within the department.
● Providing advising, counseling and retention services to students majoring within the department.
● Developing and supervising internships for majors in the department, including conducting information session for students and assisting students in the application and processing of internships.
● Developing and maintaining relationships with employers and those offering internships to majors in the department.
● Working with the Career Center to increase the number of internships available to majors in the department.
● Matching students with internship opportunities.
● Working with employers and other groups to enhance employment opportunities for majors in the department.
● Working with students majoring in the department to prepare for internships and employment, including assistance with resumes, interviews, etc.
● Supervising and working with student groups in the department to coordinate speakers and professionalism opportunities for students.
● Traveling with students to conferences related to student groups and professional development opportunities and supervising student participation.
● Attending recruiting events for the department, both inside and outside the university.
● Ensuring recruiting materials and department website are up to date and provide effective materials to support recruiting efforts.
● Working with the department chair to identify and implement retention strategies for the Department.
● Assisting students with selecting appropriate courses and enrolling to ensure timely completion of degree requirements.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
Minimum Qualifications: Candidates for Lecturer in Professionalism must have an earned master’s degree in business, economics or related field from an accredited institution. The successful candidate must demonstrate effective teaching and/or professional experience.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience teaching at the university level.
Experience mentoring and recruiting students at the university level.
Experience with career counseling.
Experience with and/or membership in professional organizations.
Experience with fund raising and event sponsorship.
Experience with on line teaching.