School of Business
Assistant/Associate/Professor of Business and Entrepreneurship
DATE: November 15, 2018
LOCATION: Longview, Texas
REPORTS TO: Dean, School of Business
START DATE: July 1, 2019
LeTourneau University invites applications from exceptionally-qualified candidates for a full-time, tenure-track faculty position in the university’s School of Business. The position is open in terms of rank and the candidate’s primary discipline within business, but among the skills and knowledge required is an understanding of the development and implementation of entrepreneurial strategies and entrepreneurial ventures. The candidate will design, organize and administer a required two-semester entrepreneurship experience for all first-year students, partnering across academic disciplines on the campus.
- An enthusiastic and contagious Christian faith and a commitment to Christian higher education that integrates Christian faith and learning;
- Authentic support and enthusiasm for the university’s statement of faith and community covenant;
- An earned Ph.D. or DBA in management, strategy, finance, marketing, entrepreneurship or a closely related field.
- Success in university-level teaching and scholarship
- The ability and/or experience to grow the entrepreneurship program, to build and extend entrepreneurship activities and programs across campus, and to expand activities, programs, and collaborations with the East Texas business and entrepreneurship communities.
- Reflecting LeTourneau University’s distinction as the Christian polytechnic university, the ideal candidate will lead students in hands-on learning, with a special emphasis on the latest innovations and technologies impacting their area of expertise academically and in within industry.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; team-oriented approach to tasks; and willingness to contribute to all the programs within the School of Business.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and other qualifications. LeTourneau University provides a significant benefit package, which includes medical and life insurance and contribution to a retirement program.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION OR NOMINATION:
Applications will be reviewed in the order received and will continue until the position is filled.
In accordance with applicable provisions of federal law, applicants for employment who are in agreement with the educational mission of LeTourneau University and applicants for admission to educational programs or activities are considered without discrimination on the basis of race, age, sex, handicapping condition, national origin or genetic information. Inquiries about this policy should be directed to the Director of Human Resources, (903) 233-4170.
Applications are required and are available from http://www.letu.edu/jobs or from the Business Office, LeTourneau University, 2100 Mobberly Avenue, Longview, TX. Send an electronic copy of a completed application, letter of interest, graduate transcripts and curriculum vitae to: E-mail address: GerrieForbis@letu.edu
Dr. Steven D. Mason, Provost
LeTourneau University, P.O. Box 7001
Longview, Texas 75607-7001
Phone (903) 233-3200
ABOUT LETOURNEAU UNIVERSITY:
LeTourneau University is the premier Christian polytechnic university in the nation where educators engage students to nurture Christian virtue, develop competency and ingenuity in their professional fields, integrate faith and work, and serve the local and global community.
LETU is a Christ-centered, interdenominational institute of higher learning offering more than 85 undergraduate and graduate degree programs in arts and sciences, aviation, business & technology, communication, computer science, criminal justice, education, engineering, nursing, psychology & counseling and theology & vocation. LETU’s 2,700 students represent nearly all 50 states, more than 30 foreign countries, and around 50 different denominational groups. In addition to residential programs at the main campus in Longview, Texas, students are enrolled in a robust suite of online programs, as well as innovative hybrid programs in the Dallas and Houston areas.
LETU is consistently recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of "America’s Best Colleges," and the engineering program is ranked nationally. LeTourneau University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097, telephone 404-679-4500, at http://www.sacscoc.org) to award associate, baccalaureate and master’s degrees. LeTourneau University’s engineering and engineering technology programs are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission and the Technology Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology, 111 Market Place, Suite 1050, Baltimore, MD 21202-4012 – telephone: 410-347-7700. The Carnegie Foundation classifies LeTourneau University as a Master’s (Comprehensive) University II.
The 162 acre main campus is located in Longview, Texas, a progressive hub city with an MSA of over 190,000, nestled among the beautiful pine-forested hills and lakes of East Texas. It is approximately 120 miles east of Dallas, Texas and 60 miles west of Shreveport, Louisiana.
See http://www.letu.edu for more information.