The AMAS Data Analytics Auditor provides support to the department of Audit and Management Advisory Services by demonstrating analytical and creative thinking that results in the development of scripts to be used in conducting internal audits, advisory engagements and internal investigations. This position is also responsible for developing and executing stand-alone data driven analytics projects using the department’s ACL software application and /or Tableau and other available data analytics applications. Certain of these scripts will be shared with management (e.g., Controller’s Office) should they wish to deploy them on a routine basis as part of a continuous monitoring program. The Data Analytics Auditor will also provide support to AMAS staff where assigned audits would benefit from a data analytics approach to testing the adequacy of internal controls. Will also, as needed assist audit staff by participating in certain follow-up audits to determine if management has implemented agreed-to recommendations.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of experience in auditing and data analytics
- Mastery of data analysis and visualization tools (e.g., ACL, Tableau)
- Experience supporting an internal auditing organization (preferably in Higher Ed)
- Mastery of Excel, Word, work papers software
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written (i.e., experience drafting audit reports)
Preferred: Advanced degree in Management Information Systems