Search for University Jobs in Business
Food & Beverage Instructor, in charge of Service Theory & Practice
University of Prince Mugrin
UPM is hiring faculty members of the highest caliber Male and Female (PhD & Masters with Professional English proficiency) to fill vacancies in:
College of Hospitality Management:
Position: Food & Beverage Instructor, in charge of Service Theory & Practice
JOB DESCRIPTION AND DUTIES:
● Reporting directly to the Director of International Hospitality Program, the Food & Beverage Instructor’s main responsibilities will be to insure the theoretical & practical education of students in the Service division together with the qualitative delivery of drinks within the institution’s F&B outlets, in the respect of the University of Prince Mugrin College of Hospitality Management quality standards.
● The Food & Beverage Instructor’s will serve as a role model for excellence, representing the values of the University of Prince Mugrin College of Hospitality Management throughout all undertaken activities.
● This position includes as well as the development of relationships between the student body and the industry through the development of their soft & hard skills, the monitoring of student life and assisting the latter in their employability into the hospitality job market.
● The Food & Beverage Instructor’s will accompany the University of Prince Mugrin College of Hospitality Management in their academic journey towards excellence in hospitality teaching and their certification process with Ecole Hôtelière de Lausanne.
The scope of this mission includes, but is not limited to:
● Teaching a minimum of 18 contact hours each semester in the academic year (fall & spring).
● The management & supervision of all F&B service operations on campus in order to cater for the needs of both employees & students, together with the service operations’ team, in the respect of the defined budgetary outlines.
● The setting up & monitoring of work procedure within all F&B outlets in accordance to the highest health & safety standards within all the Service departments (HACCP).
● The setting up, supervision and delivery of all theoretical F&B curriculum performed in the classroom.
● The setting up, supervision and delivery of all practical F&B curriculum in the university’s outlets in a safe environment.
● The coaching and development of both students and subordinates in order to maximize their future employability in the hospitality industry.
● Monitor and prepare supplies and equipment to ensure readiness of F&B facilities prior to class.
● Report any issues or area in the F&B facilities requiring attention or repairs.
● The development of course plans and complete course materials (PowerPoint slides, handouts, exercises, examination scripts…).
● Making course syllabus available to students at the beginning of each semester.
● Submitting all course materials, students’ grading, and course evaluation reports at the end of each semester to the IHM department.
● Keeping classroom records and students’ attendance.
● Participate in the IHM department activities and committees.
● Participate effectively in any administrative related activities with both internal and external stakeholders.
● Carrying out administrative tasks related to the IHM department.
● Utilize the university e-learning platforms in all assigned courses.
● Ensure proper alignment of the course content with the institution’s cultural environment and local specificities.
● The assurance of regular update and upholding of the institution’s excellence standards.
● Ensure that all educational activities are conducted in a legal and ethical manners.
● Maintaining sufficient office hours for advising students.
● Any other related duties assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Required min. 5 – 7 years of experience in similar position:
- Higher degree delivered in English / (PhD or Masters) in a relevant field
- International professional certification will be an advantage (E.g. Certified F&B manager/ certified F&B educator or trainer).
- Industry experience and comprehensive knowledge of F&B operations, restaurant management, food service, catering, dining trends, food ordering systems, budget/cost management, and supervision of F&B personnel.
- Ability to build course content based on the recommendations of the faculty and to use multimedia materials within the teaching practice.
- Gastronomic & casual dining operations in the restaurant and hotel industry.
- Operational & managerial roles, including of large teams.
- Excellent organizational & leadership skills, autonomy & polyvalence.
- Effectively communicate with co-workers, supervisors and students both verbally and in writing.
- Purchasing, upselling & cost control mastery
- F&B outlets operations mastery (e.g. coffeeshop, restaurants, etc.).
- Professional fluency in English.
- Analysis and synthesis skills
- Sense of innovation, collective intelligence and creativity
- Organizational skills and rigor
- Excellent practice of IT tools (MS Office, restaurants POS "e.g. micros")
- Flexible and able to deal with dynamic work environment.
- Able to work in some evenings or weekends as required.
- Experiences in F&B department (e.g. restaurants, room service, catering
- Relevant operational exposure
- Training & development of F&B service teams
- Teaching experience at the university level
- Other languages (e.g. French, Arabic , will be a plus)
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |