- Full time, fixed term 3 years
- 2 positions available, education focused
- Opportunity to support the delivery of the Finance units at Undergraduate and postgraduate levels specialisation within a major relaunch of a revised and updated Master of Commerce
- Academic Level A, Base Salary $79,784 - $107,516 p.a. + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The University of Sydney is Australia's first university and has an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. The University of Sydney Business School is one of the Asia Pacific region’s premier centres for engaged and innovative business education and research, and is in the one percent of business schools globally to hold accreditation from AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA. It is the only Australian member school of CEMS, the Community of European Management Schools & International Companies.
The Discipline of Finance at The University of Sydney Business School is a leading group in Australasia for finance and banking research, located in the exciting and multicultural city of Sydney. It comprises over 40 academics and professional staff with research strengths in corporate finance, asset pricing, market microstructure and behavioral finance. Our expertise is reflected in our sought-after degree programs, both undergraduate and postgraduate (including PhD), which promote a deep understanding of the key concepts and contemporary applications of finance.
Education-focused roles are a specialised category of academic engagement reserved for talented educators with a passion for, and demonstrated excellence in, pedagogical practice and design. In this role you will be expected to make a significant contribution to teaching and learning practice, design and evaluation within the program and will be on a trajectory towards leadership in educational design and delivery. The majority of your contribution will be within education (up to 70% - or 80% by mutual agreement), with a proportion of workload (up to 20%) available for research.
We are currently seeking to recruit colleagues with a commitment to outstanding education to support and develop the delivery of our programs. You will contribute to the educational and administrative duties of the Discipline and School and support the further development of a positive workplace culture, aligned to the strategic direction of the Business School and University
We are looking for an Associate Lecturer in Finance (Education focused) who possesses:
- completed (or nearly completed) a PhD in Finance or Finance Education, or a closely related field
- recognized expertise in higher education pedagogy (e.g. FHEA, M.Ed.), or willingness to undertake the Graduate Certificate in Education Studies (Higher Education) or a comparable qualification
- proven ability, commitment and passion for engaging in scholarly activities to inform innovative pedagogical practice
- ability to contribute to outstanding teaching and learning outcomes, especially in a large unit context
- demonstrated ability or potential to operate in both traditional and blended learning environments with a focus on continuous development and improvement in pedagogical practices
- demonstrated ability to develop and deliver teaching in a collaborative or team environment.
To be considered for this position, please provide a CV and a cover letter which demonstrates your suitability and enthusiasm for this role. These will provide evidence of how your experience, aspiration and scholarship aligns with the role and should be uploaded online, along with any additional information you may have in support of your application.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
Closing date for applications
11:59 pm, 30 October 2022
How to apply
Please click here to apply https://usyd.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/USYD_EXTERNAL_CAREER_SITE/job/Camperdown-Campus/Associate-Lecturer-in-Finance--Education-focused-_0098036-1
© The University of Sydney