Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor in Human Resource Management
Discipline of Work and Organisational Studies
University of Sydney Business School
Reference No. 906/0518C
• Opportunity to contribute to world class human resource management, employment relations and organisational studies education and research within the University of Sydney Business School
• Academic Level C/D
• Full-time, continuing, remuneration package: $147K-$195K p.a. (which includes salary, leave loading and up to 17% super)
About the opportunity
The Discipline of Work and Organisational Studies (WOS) within the Business School hosts leading international scholars teaching and researching in human resource management, employment relations, management and organisational behaviour. Our research has national and international significance and policy impact and informs our teaching across undergraduate and postgraduate courses. There is a strong tradition of teaching excellence and innovation within the Discipline, ensuring we expose students to cutting-edge research. A number of market-leading textbooks in our area of expertise have been written by WOS academics. We nurture critical thinking and relevant industry knowledge to prepare students for their careers. Our graduates report high levels of teaching satisfaction and many of our alumni are leading successful careers in the business, government and community sectors.
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding academic with strong experience in the field of Human Resource Management (HRM) to join our teaching and research team in a Level C/D position. It is essential that applicants can teach in specific HRM areas, as noted below.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting scholars aligned to these values. This role is the right fit for you if you have:
• a PhD in HRM, employment relations, organisational studies, organisational behaviour or a related field
• strong teaching experience at undergraduate and postgraduate levels in HRM, specifically performance and reward management
• experience in teaching other areas such as recruitment and selection, diversity management, human resources development, workforce planning and international HRM will be highly regarded
• contributed to course development in HRM in areas such as performance and rewards, diversity management, recruitment and selection and employee development
• an active, peer reviewed research portfolio in HRM at Senior Lecturer level, with publications in performance and reward management at Associate Professor level
• significant future resarch potential
• evidence of the ability to win grants and lead research projects
strong team work skills
• engagement with industry and professional bodies for innovative teaching and research collaboration.
The University of Sydney Business School
is regarded as a leader in the region, and is one of the very few Australian schools to hold business and accounting accreditation from AACSB International and EQUIS accreditation from the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD). It is also the Australian member school of the CEMS Global Alliance in Management Education. The WOS postgraduate program has Australian Human Resources Institute (AHRI) accreditation.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We are Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 6000 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website.
and search by the reference number 906/0518C for more information and to apply.
CLOSING DATE: 20 June 2018 (11:30pm Sydney time)