Talent Consultant, Haas School of Business (7596U) - 1931 - 1931
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley's culture of openness, freedom and acceptanceacademic and artistic, political and culturalmake it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: October 17, 2019
UC Berkeley's Haas School of Business offers a unique opportunity to champion new ideas, collaborate across boundaries, and continually learn in a workplace committed to increasing diversity and creating a welcoming environment for all.
Our distinctive culture is captured within our four Defining Leadership Principles: Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always, and Beyond Yourself. These principles distinguish Berkeley Haas as a unique environment, conducive to teamwork, collaboration, and career growth.
For more information about the Haas School of Business visit: https://haas.berkeley.edu/about/
Counsels department managers and supervisors on employee and labor policies, procedures, and appropriate practices.
- Provides consulting to units on Haas recruitment practices
- Creates templates and best practices for job postings, interview questions and interview management that support the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) commitment of the school.
- Guides managers to streamlined hiring practices that reduce the time to fill open positions
- Ensures all open recruitments are actively managed for best results
Reviews resumes and applications and interviews applicants for a full range of staff positions.
- Review resumes for selected positions
- Assists managers with development of interview questions and panel composition
- Participates on hiring panels as appropriate
Advises all levels of managers, supervisors, and employees in developing job descriptions/job postings to attract high performing staff
Provides support to departments in administering policies and programs in the areas of employment, labor relations, wage and salary administration, training, and other areas of HR.
Conducts complex HR trends analyses and develops resulting recommendations.
- Experience managing recruitment activities and guiding hiring managers through hiring process
- Possesses strong analytical skills to conduct analysis and develop recommendations, demonstrating organization and problem-solving skills.
- Has thorough knowledge of human resources concepts, policies and procedures, employment practices, labor relations and salary administration and training
- Skilled in communicating clearly and effectively verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrates skill in prioritizing competing work assignments, employing political acumen and integrating information to determine appropriate courses of action and their implications.
- Possesses strong analytical, active listening and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle very difficult or volatile situations/individuals effectively.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
- Demonstrated knowledge of campus policies and procedures or comparable knowledge, including knowledge of functional area and understands how work may impact other areas.
- Knowledge of UC Berkeley's Human Resources Management System (HRMS) and other related business software programs and systems or comparable knowledge/experience.
Salary & Benefits
This is an exempt, monthly paid position. Annual salary will be commensurate with experience up to $95,000.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=1931&PostingSeq=1