Job No.: 593290
Location: Caulfield campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration: Continuing appointment
Remuneration: $97,203 – $115,429 pa Level B / $119,072 – $137,298 pa Level C (plus 17% employer superannuation)
- Where international collaboration is pursued
- Work in a friendly and professional team environment
- Work with world leaders in their discipline
If you’re after a rewarding career, Monash University can help make it happen. With leading academics and world-class resources, combined with a ranking in the top 100 universities worldwide, we offer all you need to build a brighter future.
The Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics, one of seven academic departments in the Monash Business School, comprises approximately 50 academics with particular strengths in data visualisation and analytics, statistics, time series analysis, forecasting, actuarial science, econometric theory and methods, and applied econometrics.
In the Excellence in Research for Australia assessment conducted by the Australian Research Council in 2018, Monash University received a rank of 5, the highest possible rank, in Econometrics. The Monash Business School is also in the top 10% of institutions in Econometricsas ranked by IDEAS (a Research Papers in Economics service maintained by the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, USA), meaning that the Department appears among the best institutions in the world.
Business Analytics is a well-established discipline in the Department with an undergraduate degree that incorporates a major in business analytics holding accreditation by the Statistical Society of Australia and a Master of Business Analytics commencing in 2020. The department has a high level of engagement with industry practitioners as well as nationally and internationally recognised research activities. We are also closely involved with the open source software movement, including the R foundation.
The department is seeking to appoint a suitably qualified and enthusiastic Lecturer or Senior Lecturer to join our highly motivated team.
As a candidate for the Lecturer position, you will:
- Have a PhD, or near complete PhD in statistics, machine learning, statistical computing, data visualisation, computational statistics or data science, or a closely-related discipline
- A strong research background with a commitment to publish in top-tier journals
- Some experience in teaching in a tertiary environment
- Possess a high level of interpersonal skills
Post PhD applicants are preferred. Applicants with papers accepted for publication or under second review at top-tier journals are strongly encouraged to apply.
As a candidate for the Senior Lecturer position, you will:
- A PhD in statistics, machine learning, statistical computing, data visualisation, computational statistics or data science, or a closely-related discipline
- Evidence of high-quality scholarly activity, such as publications in best quality journals in this field
- A demonstrated ongoing commitment to research preferably in computational statistics, data science or machine learning.
- An ability to work within inter-disciplinary teams and build networks with external organisations including key industry partners
- A proven commitment to high-quality teaching, including evidence of leadership in teaching
In addition to Monash University’s attractive remuneration and benefits, the business school provides generous research support and access to a range of competitive grants and interdisciplinary research opportunities, as well as support for development and innovation in education and curriculum design.
These are full-time positions located at either Caulfield or Clayton campus; however, flexible working arrangements may be negotiated.
At Monash University, we are committed to being a Child Safe organisation. This position at the University will require the incumbent to hold a valid Working with Children Check.
All applicants must supply all of the below documents:
- CV (that includes the names of three referees and contact details)
- Key Selection Criteria responses
- A Sample Research Paper
For instructions on how to apply, please refer to "How to apply for Monash Jobs".
Professor Brett Inder, Econometrics & Business Statistics, Brett.Inder@monash.edu
For instructions on ‘How to Apply’ and for the Position Description, please see the link below:
Saturday 15 July 2019, 11:55 pm AEST