Job Title :
Dean, College of Business Administration
College of Business Administration
Reports to :
Prince Mohammad Bin Fahd University
The Dean of the College of Business Administration provides leadership and vision to the College's administration, academic programs, research and publication activities, AACSB accreditation, curriculum development, and faculty and staff development. By so doing, he contributes to the University's overall planning and development. Working with the faculty, the Dean provides, leadership and advocacy for strategic and budgetary planning; faculty and staff recruitment, development, and evaluation; excellence in teaching, research, and scholarship; university and community relations; curricular and fiscal management; enrollment and marketing planning; student recruitment and retention; program review; and AACSB and NCAAA accreditation. The Dean is responsible for keeping the appropriate records for program assessment and for ensuring that the college follows relevant accreditation standards.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Takes responsibility for leading the College with vision, creativity and excellence.
- Continues to pursue AACSB accreditation beyond the progress achieved at time of hiring (iSER submitted).
- Ensures that all COBA faculty actively contribute to the overall PMU objective to become recognized as a strong research institution, and to the university’s goal to become ranked by reputable ranking agencies such as Times Higher Education (THE), Quacquarelli Symonds (QS), Shanghai Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU), and others.
- Provides collaborative and collegial leadership for the College.
- Designs and implements the academic plan as it relates to the College of Business Administration.
- Develops implements, promotes, and evaluates curriculum.
- Oversees and manages development and delivery of the MBA and Executive MBA programs, coordinating with the Deanship of Graduate Studies and Research. The Dean is responsible for the academic aspects of the program and has participating control over the program.
- Supervises the management, development, and evaluation of curricula for the College.
- With the help of the department chairs, recruits, supervises, and evaluates full-time and adjunct department faculty and support staff.
- Promotes and fosters professional development activities related to academic leadership, accreditation, research, classroom instruction, instructional technology, and support staff development.
- Develops and implements department budget and planning documents.
- Works with department chairs to coordinate student program activities.
- Ensures the vitality, currency, and academic excellence of the College’s programs.
- Collaborates with the Vice Rector, other Deans and PMU administrative officers to achieve the objectives of the University.
- Oversees the overall assessment program and ensures that relevant accreditation standards are followed and maintained.
The Dean of the College of Business Administration reports directly to the Vice Rector.
Span of Control:
The Dean of the College of Business administration oversees all aspects of the College's operation and has direct supervisory responsibility for the Chairs and Associate Chairs in the relevant departments.
Benefits and Conditions
PMU offers an income tax-free compensation package, commensurate with rank and experience, including 12-month salary, PMU accommodation, annual vacation, and annual round-trip airfare to the home country, medical insurance and end of contract benefits.
How to Apply:
Applications must include a letter of interest, curriculum vitae (include a recent photo; state citizenship; and links to Google Scholar and LinkedIn profile), unofficial copy of Ph.D. Diploma, statement of research and teaching interests and a portfolio (no more than 20 pages long) that includes representative professional work depicting evidence of research, teaching activities, as well as the names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses of at least three professional references. Applicants are requested to provide a link to their materials via Dropbox or Google drive to ensure that their materials are fully received by the search committee. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until positions are filled.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please send application materials, via email, clearly stating the position applied for, to:
Global Engagement Department:
Ms. Shazia Sammer
Ms. Tedda Jane Castro
Ms. Rania Sinno