Assistant Professor - Marketing
University of Massachusetts Lowell
The Marketing Entrepreneurship and Innovation (MEI) Department at the Robert J. Manning School of Business, University of Massachusetts Lowell is seeking candidates for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position, with a research and teaching specialization in Marketing Strategy, Business to Business Marketing, Digital Marketing, Marketing Analytics, Technology Innovation or New Product Development.
The Manning School of Business is growing at a fast pace, and is continuously seeking ways to further enhance the faculty’s high level of research productivity. The school is also constantly building and updating instructional program offerings at all degree levels. Candidates will be expected to develop a strong record of scholarly work and publications in top-tier journals with preferred research expertise in areas mentioned above.
The MEI Department is currently building faculty capacity to deepen its research output and increase program offerings at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. The department has two main areas - Marketing and Entrepreneurship - and currently delivers in Undergraduate, Masters, and Ph.D. programs in both areas. Faculty and Ph.D. students in the department maintain a high-level research record, with publications in top journals and collaborations across the globe.
The standard teaching load for research productive faculty is four courses per academic year. While classes taught on-load are primarily on-campus, additional teaching opportunities exist, and are strongly encouraged, both online and increasingly abroad. Faculty are encouraged to develop productive partnerships with other units of the University, industry and with colleagues from other institutions and countries.
• Doctorate in Marketing or related areas from an AACSB-International accredited business school
• Evidence of (or potential for) ongoing high quality research and publication in the applicant’s areas of scholarly specialization
• A record of (or potential for) teaching effectiveness at the undergraduate and/or graduate levels
• Ability to develop and sustain an externally funded research program
• Industrial, corporate or new venture experience
• Willingness to supervise and advise doctoral students
• Experience in teaching online or web-enhanced courses preferably using the Blackboard Learn course platform
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to speak and write English clearly
Special Instructions to Applicants:
• Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
• Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
• Please contact the University of Massachusetts Lowell Human Resources Department at 978-934-3560 for information regarding benefits and related employment matters or if you have any questions about the position.
• Please include the following required documents with your application:
1. Current Curriculum Vitae
2. Cover letter detailing research interests and accomplishments; teaching interests, experience and philosophy; and professional background
3. Sample of Scholarly Work/Publication
4. Evidence of teaching effectiveness (e.g., student course evaluations, department Chair reviews, teaching awards)
5. Names and email addresses of three references will also be required during the application process. The referees will be notified and should upload recommendation letters. Only recommendation letters that are uploaded to the system by the referee will be accepted. Emailed or hardcopy letters will not be accepted.
• To apply, please visit: https://explorejobs.uml.edu/lowell/en-us/job/503454/assistant-professor-marketing
About UMass Lowell:
Located 25 miles northwest of Boston, UMass Lowell has over 18,000 students and is one of the largest public universities in New England. The Manning School has over 3,000 undergraduate and graduate students and is accredited by the AACSB-International.