Lecturer in Accounting
University of Sydney Business School
Reference no. 1833/0918C
• Contribute to world class accounting education and research within The University of Sydney Business School
• Full-time, continuing: $123K to $146K which includes salary, leave loading and 17% superannuation.
• An additional salary supplement may be negotiated with the successful applicants and start up research funds and ongoing research support will be available
About the opportunity
The University of Sydney Business School has an outstanding international reputation in management research, learning, development of resources, and journal publishing and works in close cooperation with industry, government and the not-for-profit sectors. We are situated in a new state-of-the-art learning environment which, in the highly competitive global market for business education, will further enhance our ability to attract the best and brightest students, staff and researchers from around the world.
The Discipline of Accounting is a well-resourced group of around 50 academics and 80 sessional staff. It is strongly committed to excellence in both research and teaching. The Discipline is home to two highly rated international journals, Abacus and Australian Accounting Review and, through its Accounting Foundation, works closely with industry, business and the accounting profession.
As the Lecturer in Accounting you will contribute to:
• the effective teaching of accounting units, curriculum development, and the enhancement of educational innovation
• the research strengths of the discipline, including the pursuit of research grants and regular publication in journals of high standing
• the school’s expanding program of professional and industry research collaboration
• the supervision of undergraduate Honours and higher degree research students
• interdisciplinary collaborations within the University and with external stakeholders
• academic administration.
This position is your opportunity to join a high calibre, dynamic group that is well resourced, very research active and teaches a variety of accounting courses that attract the very best students from Australia and internationally.
Since our inception 160 years ago, The University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across 9 campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 47,000 students. We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
The Business School is regarded as a leader in the region, and is one of the very few Australian schools to hold business and accounting accreditation from AACSB International and EQUIS accreditation from the European Foundation for Management Development. It is also the only Australian member school of CEMS, the Community of European Management Schools & International Companies.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 1833/0918C to apply.
Closing date: 11:30pm, 15 November 2018 (Sydney time)
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.