Search for University Jobs in Business
Faculty, Tenure Track - Finance
Utah Valley University
Faculty, Tenure Track - Finance
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Type: Faculty
Job Number: FY2300058
Closing: 6/30/2023 11:59 PM Mountain
Location: 800 W University Parkway, Orem
Division: Woodbury School of Business
* Teaches graduate and undergraduate courses in finance. This will include introduction to finance, corporate finance, and investment courses both at the graduate and undergraduate levels.
* Plans, prepares, and follows an approved course of study that includes measurable objectives for each course taught.
* Maintains an active research agenda to keep scholarly academics (SA) status consistent with institutional AACSB requirements.
* Prepares instructional materials (ie: exams, visual aids, course outlines, syllabi, and instruction sheets) as necessary.
* Instructs, manages, and supervises individuals and groups in classrooms through demonstrations, discussions, visual aids, lectures, field trips, individualized instruction, on-line instruction, and other appropriate instructional methods.
* Evaluates instruction and learning by means of written, verbal, practical, and performance tests.
* Maintains a student-oriented approach to education. Recommends students for advancement and graduation.
* Maintains and submits accurate and current reports and records involving student accountability and performance. Supervises extracurricular activities as assigned.
* Establishes and maintains office hours.
* Assists department chair, faculty, department staff, and advisers in maintaining an effective program.
* Serves on committees and attends faculty and other meetings as assigned.
- PhD from an AACSB accredited university in Finance and/or Applied Economics, or related field. ABD may apply.
- Knowledge and skill in current instructional theories, strategies, techniques, and discipline content.
- Evidence of potential for scholarly/creative work consistent with a teaching university.
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness
- Obtained widely recognized industry certification(s), included, but not limited to: Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Certified Financial Planner (CFP), Financial Risk Manager (FRM), Chartered Investment Counselor (CIC), Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA), etc.
- Willingness to participate in program building, curriculum planning, leadership, and promote collegiality.
- Experience in finance and economics analysis using machine learning methods.
- Proficiency in programing, preferably using R and/or Python.
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Evidence of Degree (copy of transcript OR diploma)
- Teaching Philosophy
- Teaching Evaluation(s)
- Research sample
- Teaching evaluation(s)
- Research agenda
- License(s) or Certification(s)
- Letter(s) of recommendation
- Other Document #1
- Other Document #2
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities
* Knowledge of subject matter and ability to effectively teach course content.
* Knowledge of and ability to implement instructional strategies and techniques.
* Knowledge of student management, motivation, and evaluation.
* Knowledge of development and assessment of curriculum.
* Record of scholarly work or evidence of potential.
* Record of effective teaching and student learning.
* Record and ability to teach face-to-face, on-line, and synchronized.
* Ability to apply effectively general principles to specific conditions.
* Ability to follow written and verbal procedures and instructions.
* Ability to work effectively with people.
* Ability to engage both face-to-face and students participating from their computer.
To apply, please visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/uvu/jobs/3807627/faculty-tenure-track-finance
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |