Assistant Professor of Marketing
The Marketing Department in the School of Business at the University of Connecticut invites applications for a tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor to begin in Fall 2022. Candidates who meet the qualifications listed below are encouraged to apply for our Assistant Professor position.
The successful candidate is expected to contribute to research and scholarship, teaching, and service. Research and scholarship contributions are expected to include high-quality publications, participation in prominent national and international academic conferences, mentoring of doctoral students, and help to guide research efforts within the department. Teaching contributions include instruction of appropriate courses at the undergraduate, master’s, and/or Ph.D. levels; a successful candidate will share a deep commitment to effective instruction. A successful candidate will participate in service activities, and assist the university in its efforts to promote and nurture perspectives that are enabled through differences in culture, experience, and values.
Founded in 1881, UConn is a Land Grant and Sea Grant institution and member of the Space Grant Consortium. It is the state’s flagship institution of higher education and includes a main campus in Storrs, CT, four regional campuses throughout the state, and 13 Schools and Colleges, including a Law School in Hartford, and Medical and Dental Schools at the UConn Health campus in Farmington. The University has approximately 10,000 faculty and staff and 32,000 students, including nearly 24,000 undergraduates and over 8,000 graduate and professional students. UConn is a Carnegie Foundation R1 (highest research activity) institution, among the top 25 public universities in the nation. Through research, teaching, service, and outreach, UConn embraces diversity and cultivates leadership, integrity, and engaged citizenship in its students, faculty, staff, and alumni. UConn promotes the health and well-being of citizens by enhancing the social, economic, cultural, and natural environments of the state and beyond. The University serves as a beacon of academic and research excellence as well as a center for innovation and social service to communities. UConn is a leader in many scholarly, research, and innovation areas. Today, the path forward includes exciting opportunities and notable challenges. Record numbers of undergraduate applications and support for student success have enabled the University to become extraordinarily selective.
- A Ph.D. degree or equivalent degree in marketing by August 23, 2022.
- A strong research agenda, with evidence of an ability to publish in premier marketing journals.
- Teaching interest or teaching experience in areas that complement departmental needs.
- A deep commitment to promoting diversity.
- Demonstrated record of scholarly productivity in premier marketing journals.
- Evidence of successful undergraduate and/or graduate teaching at a university.
- A research agenda that complements departmental needs.
- Evidence of service contributions at the department, school, or university level.
This is one full-time, 9-month, tenure-track position with a start date of August 23, 2022. The compensation package will be commensurate with background, qualifications, and experience. The successful candidate’s primary appointment will be at the Storrs campus with the possibility of assignment at other UConn regional campuses or online instruction.
Please apply online to Academic Jobs Online LINK and submit the following application materials:
1. A cover letter specifically addressing your credentials relative to the minimum and preferred qualifications listed above,
2. Curriculum vitae,
3. Research and scholarship statement (one (1) page, reflective of your substantive research focus and the methodological approaches that you use to address research, experience in proposal development, mentorship of graduate students, etc.);
4. Teaching statement (one (1) page, reflective of your teaching philosophy and teaching interests);
5. Teaching evaluations (if applicable, for the last three years);
6. Commitment to diversity statement (one (1) page, reflective of your perspectives on broadening participation, integrating multicultural experiences in pedagogical techniques/ instruction and research to meet the needs of diverse constituents);
7. Three (3) letters of recommendation.
Evaluation of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To be considered as an applicant for this position, all materials listed below must be submitted on or before August 15, 2021.
If you have questions about the position or related to submitting your materials, please send a detailed inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org, with MKTG FACULTY SEARCH in the subject line.
At the University of Connecticut, our commitment to excellence is complemented by our commitment to building a culturally diverse community.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
This position will be filled subject the budgetary approval.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.