Job Description: Stevens Institute of Technology seeks candidates for the position of Assistant Director, Center for Entrepreneurship Education (CEE). The center houses our flagship entrepreneurship programs such as iSTEM and Launchpad. In this role, you will get to interact with brilliant students, high-profile mentors, donors, and external collaborators.
Reporting to the Director of CEE, the Assistant Director is a vital member of the team, who will join CEE at a time of great opportunity and growth. As Stevens proceeds with the execution of its second 10-year strategic plan, CEE plays an important role in creating a prominent student-centric innovation program.
- Genuinely excited about innovation and entrepreneurship. You will be at the epicenter of an educational program that converts exciting new ideas into potent companies, with students in a leadership role.
- Demonstrated passion for supporting student success. Must have an innate calling to help students achieve extraordinary things.
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM, or a related field required
- Passionate about people, execution, and storytelling. Top notch organizational skills, attention to detail, and an ability to follow up
- Comfortable interfacing with a range of people: from C-titles at major corporations and prominent venture capitalists, to students, faculty, staff and academic advisors.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer and internet skills, including proficiency in MS Office
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working with college students, entrepreneurs, and/or fast paced execution environments
CEE programming includes frequent events, academic support for students, and active communication with ecosystem partners. Specifically:
- Coordinate, plan and execute key events, including retreats, seminars, workshops, hackathons, recruitment events, showcases, demo-days, and external speaker events.
- Recurring meetings (office hours) with students/founders in our ecosystem, ranging from potential new admits, currently admitted, and recently graduated members.
- Prepare Director for meetings with external partners and students, including scheduling, files, presentations and follow-ups on tasks to be completed
- Taking detailed notes during meetings, delegating tasks to individuals, following up to ensure execution.
- Coordinate needs and usage of Startup Garage (Maker Space)
- Work with budget office to coordinate payments to students and purchases for their initiatives
- Perform other duties as assigned by the CEE Director
Center for Entrepreneurship Education
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact Jobs@Stevens.edu
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff and student body and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as other federal statutes.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure:
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), the Department of Public Safety is required to publish an annual security report which includes statistics mandated by the Clery Act. You can obtain a copy of this report by accessing the following web site: http://www.stevens.edu/sit/police