Faculty, Tenure Track - Finance
: Faculty - Tenure Track (FT)
* Teaches graduate and undergraduate courses in finance. This will include introduction to finance, corporate finance, and investment courses both at the graduate and undergraduate levels.
* Plans, prepares, and follows an approved course of study that includes measurable objectives for each course taught.
* Maintains an active research agenda to keep scholarly academics (SA) status consistent with institutional AACSB requirements.
* Prepares instructional materials (ie: exams, visual aids, course outlines, syllabi, and instruction sheets) as necessary.
* Instructs, manages, and supervises individuals and groups in classrooms through demonstrations, discussions, visual aids, lectures, field trips, individualized instruction, on-line instruction, and other appropriate instructional methods.
* Evaluates instruction and learning by means of written, verbal, practical, and performance tests.
* Maintains a student-oriented approach to education. Recommends students for advancement and graduation.
* Maintains and submits accurate and current reports and records involving student accountability and performance. Supervises extracurricular activities as assigned.
* Establishes and maintains office hours.
* Assists department chair, faculty, department staff, and advisers in maintaining an effective program.
* Serves on committees and attends faculty and other meetings as assigned. UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
* Graduation from an accredited institution with terminal degree in a related field. ABD may apply, must have degree in hand by time classes begin in first semester of appointment.
* Knowledge and skill in current instructional theories, strategies, techniques, and discipline content.
* Evidence of potential for scholarly/creative work consistent with a teaching university.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Knowledge of subject matter and ability to effectively teach course content.
* Knowledge of and ability to implement instructional strategies and techniques.
* Knowledge of student management, motivation, and evaluation.
* Knowledge of development and assessment of curriculum.
* Record of scholarly work or evidence of potential.
* Record of effective teaching and student learning.
* Record and ability to teach face-to-face, on-line, and synchronized.
* Ability to apply effectively general principles to specific conditions.
* Ability to follow written and verbal procedures and instructions.
* Ability to work effectively with people.
* Ability to engage both face-to-face and students participating from their computer.
* PhD from an AACSB accredited university in Finance or Financial Economics, or, if ABD, must have degree in hand by time classes begin in first semester of appointment.
* Obtained widely recognized industry certification(s), included, but not limited to: Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Certified Financial Planner (CFP), Financial Risk Manager (FRM), Chartered Investment Counselor (CIC), Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA), etc.
* Experience in financial analysis using R, Python and/or machine learning
Listening continuously, talking, sitting and standing regularly. Fine hand manipulation for use in computer systems. Ability to see computer screens and read student work.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Please list a minimum of three references. References may be contacted at some point during the screening and selection process for a letter of recommendation.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/24096
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.