A Level C academic is expected to make significant contributions to the teaching effort of a discipline, school, faculty or other organisational unit or an interdisciplinary area. An academic at this level is also expected to play a major role in scholarship, research and/or professional activities.
The academic will have responsibility for fostering excellence in research, teaching, engagement and professional activities in the academic discipline within the school, campus and the University.
Reporting Line: The position reports to Head, Department of Marketing
1. Contribute to curriculum development, innovation, enhancement and quality assurance in the undergraduate and postgraduate curriculum
2. Develop and deliver innovative and excellent teaching, learning and assessment experiences for undergraduate and postgraduate students
3. Conduct high quality research, maintaining an active record of publication and building a profile of grants and PhD student supervision
4. Support the development and implementation of a research strategy for the School of Business and the Department of Marketing consistent with the research priorities of Monash University Malaysia and Monash University
5. Participate in collaborations with other universities and with government, industry and/or civil society to drive research impact and educational excellence
6. Support the management of education, research and/or administration in the School through, for example, participation in committees
Key Selection Criteria
1. A doctoral qualification (PhD) or equivalent qualification
2. Demonstrated experience in the development of curriculum content
3. A strong record of teaching which demonstrates a commitment to educational innovation.
4. An excellent research record, with a strong trajectory in publications, grants and PhD/Masters/Honours supervision
5. Experience in working with partners in universities, government and/or civil society
6. Demonstrated skills and experience in collaboration and teamwork
7. The incumbent will be required to deliver units using different pedagogies that range from fully face-to-face, flipped or blended learning, to fully online.