Lecturer/Sr. Lecturer/Asst. Professor/Associate Professor/Professor in Economics (Rank based on qualifications and experience)
Department: School of Arts and Sciences
Duty station: Khorog, Tajikistan
Reports to: Dean of School of Arts and Sciences
Deadline: January 15th, 2020 (open until filled)
Commencement Date: August 1st 2020 (or earlier)
Summary of Position and Key Responsibilities
The University of Central Asia seeks to fill several full-time positions at all ranks in the Economics programme for its campus in Khorog, Tajikistan starting August 2020. While applications in all fields are invited, candidates specializing in Macroeconomics, International Economics, Environmental / Natural Resources Economics, Finance, Public Economics, Development Economics, and Econometrics are particularly welcome.
In your role as faculty member, you will be contributing to the development and implementation of the Economics curriculum at the Bachelor Level that has been designed in partnership with the Higher School of Economics in Moscow and the Stockholm School of Economics in Riga.
Academic programmes at UCA combine the student-centered environment of a small liberal arts college with the intellectual excitement of being at the frontiers of knowledge offered by a research university. As a Faculty Member teaching in small classes you will be providing each student with personal academic attention to ensure that they master and apply the material.
The successful candidate is expected to be research active and have a commitment to establishing foundational knowledge for students new to the field on issues relating to the economic development of Central Asia, especially its mountainous regions. Creating pathways to engage students in the research programme, you will be provided support to continue your research and explore new horizons.
UCA aims to train economists who are strategic thinkers and can eventually serve as effective policy makers, social entrepreneurs and development practitioners who understand the complexities of Central Asian and global economies. The degree programme will address both global economic concepts and processes relevant to the growth of Central Asian economies. In addition, you will have opportunities to contribute to research work of UCA’s Graduate School of Development and its Institute of Public Policy and Administration, which fosters rigorous inquiry into public policy related to socio-economic development in Central Asia and has strong partnerships with government and international agencies across the region.
- Lecturer/Senior Lecturer: Master’s in Economics or related field
- Assistant Professor and above: PhD in Economics or related field
- Fluency in English is required, knowledge of Russian is an asset
- Ability to work independently, as well as within a teaching team; flexibility and the ability to work in a constantly-evolving academic endeavour is essential
- Experience in teaching in Central Asia would be a valuable asset
- A demonstrated commitment to teaching and students.
- Experience using innovative teaching methods and evaluation methodologies
- Assistant/Associate Professor/Professor: The proven ability to publish research in high impact journals
- Experience in conducting research in Central Asia would be a valuable asset
- Aware of current and future industry trends; strong network of industry contacts to support internship programs, project collaborations and industrial mentoring.
Rank will be based on the candidate’s prior experience and record.
The job description is subject to change.
Salary and Package
Commensurate with qualification and experience to attract the best candidate.
Candidates from the founding countries of UCA i.e. Republics of Tajikistan and Kazakhstan and Kyrgyz Republic are encouraged to apply.
We also highly encourage women to apply their candidacy for the position.
How to Apply
To apply for the position, please visit the AKDN Career Centre by 15th January 2020.
URL: https://krb-jobs.brassring.com/1033/ASP/TG/cim_jobdetail.asp?partnerid=3002…e application stage, you should submit the following documents:
- Cover letter
- List of at least three references who may attest to your teaching/research experience
- Sample of written academic work with a research statement (for those applying to Assistant Professor or above)
- List of published work and link to the google scholar profile
- Teaching evaluations (if applicable
- Research and/or teaching statements (if available)
For more information about UCA please visit https://www.ucentralasia.org
Review other job vacancies at: http://www.ucentralasia.org/About/CurrentVacancies