Job Vacancies in the College of Economics and Political Science
Sultan Qaboos University, Muscat, Oman
For Fall 2021, starting in September 2021
At the Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and Professor levels
College of Economics and Political Science at Sultan Qaboos University, a growing and progressive university in the education system of the Sultanate of Oman, invites applications in the following disciplines effective Fall semester, staring in September 2021. SQU is one of the top 500 universities in the world, among the bests in the Gulf and the top university in Oman. The College of Economics and Political Science is EQUIS accredited. Sultan Qaboos University provides, through its nine colleges and other units, a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs, research and outreach services. The University is located in the metropolitan capital of Muscat, close to excellent international schools and unique natural recreational areas. Apart from an attractive competitive tax-free salary, SQU offers free housing with basic furniture, free medical care through public and university hospitals, and a family clinic on campus, excellent recreational facilities on campus, end of service gratuity, subsidized schooling for up to two children (conditions apply), 60 days annual leave with return tickets, up to 28 days research leave (conditions apply) and initial two-year contract renewable by three-year contracts.
Applications received before 15th January 2021 will receive priority consideration. The University reserves the right not to make an appointment in any particular case.
The available positions in the college are in the following Departments/Areas:
- Accounting (Assistant Professor only)
- Operations Management (At all levels: Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, and Professor)
- Marketing (At all levels: Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, and Professor)
- Information Systems (Associate professor only)
Minimum qualifications for these positions include:
- A doctoral degree (Ph.D.) from an internationally recognized university.
- University teaching experience.
- Candidate for the Assistant Professor level should demonstrate potential for excellence in both research and teaching.
- Candidate for Associate and Full professor level appointments should have an excellent publication record and a broad teaching base at the post graduate and undergraduate levels.
- Experience in teaching and supervising post graduate (MA/MSc/MBA/PhD) students
The individual hired will be required to maintain an active research agenda, teach undergraduate and postgraduate courses, and contribute to department and university growth through appropriate services and community activities.
For more details about specific department’s requirements, please visit the College website: and https://www.squ.edu.om/ceps/About-Us/CEPS-Job-Vacancies. Only suitable candidates who fulfill the specific requirements of the Department need to apply.
The applicant should register and create an account at https://jobs.squ.edu.om/JobListing.aspx. complete an online form and upload an up-to-date CV which includes list of publications, teaching and research areas, names and contact information of three referees, a copy of his/her passport and copies of all degree certificates.
For general information on SQU, please visit our website at: www.squ.edu.om.