The Department of Finance, Insurance, Real Estate and Law (FIREL) at the University of North Texas, Ryan College of Business invites applications for an Assistant/Associate Professor of Real Estate, starting Fall 2021. The FIREL department currently supports a BBA in Real Estate and a BBA in Real Estate with a concentration in Residential Property Management. The department is well connected with the Real Estate industry in the DFW and Texas region, has a good record of student placement and guest speakers, and an active Real Estate student club.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to effective teaching, research and preparing students for professional success in a multicultural business environment.
Duties will comprise of a balance of teaching, research and service, including the following:
- Teach property management and other real estate courses;
- Conduct high quality research and publish in high quality peer-reviewed discipline-related journals;
- Participate in department, college and university service;
- Serve as the department liaison with the Texas Apartment Association and coordinate guest speakers, internships, jobs, student events, property management courses etc.;
- Engage with the real estate industry and assist students with procuring internships and job placement upon graduation.