RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. We’re global in footprint and even more importantly, we’re global in mindset. We’re committed to making a positive impact wherever we go. The wider our reach, the deeper our connections, the greater our impact.
RMIT University Vietnam (RMIT Vietnam) is a campus of RMIT University with 700 staff and 7,000 students, in three locations, and recently awarded one of the Best Companies to work for in Asia 2020. From a media perspective RMIT Vietnam enjoys a 40% share of voice in the sector. It brings a world-class education and globalised study environment to the heart of Asia, offering programs in business, technology, communication, design, fashion and English language. It boasts an impressive range of extra-curricular activities that encourage students to innovate and network globally.
SCHOOL OF BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT
Over the last twenty years, RMIT Vietnam’s School of Business and Management has established a reputation for excellence in business and management education, providing high quality, industry responsive programs relevant to the national and global marketplace. Our business programs offer fresh perspectives on business problems and we inspire our students to challenge, create, and think outside the box. Further information about the Department of Business & Innovation (Digital Marketing, Logistics & Supply Chain Management, Global Trade, Digital Business, Business Analytics) is below.
Bachelor of Business (Digital Marketing)
When you join our team as Associate Professor you will bring your expert knowledge, education and experience to add significant value and impact to the teaching, research and industry engagement related activities involved in this role. As an academic member of staff, you can expect to team across undergraduate and post graduate programs whilst developing your own scholarly, research and professional capabilities. You will actively promote the program through establishing and maintaining networks and partnerships with academic, industry and professional communities (locally and internationally).
For a more detailed insight into the role please view the JD.
JD - Associate Professor, Digital Marketing
- PhD or equivalent relevant Doctoral qualification.
- Expertise in fields related to digital marketing; social media and mobile marketing, digital content creation, marketing intelligence and digital analytics through publications, development of new research initiatives, competitive research funding, and industry links.
- Demonstrated ability to direct an award program/s and implement program improvements and innovative approaches to student-centred learning and quality improvement programs.
- Nationally recognised research track record including substantial record of research outputs in high quality outlets and emerging international recognition.
- Extensive experience in research leadership with the ability to build and develop collaborative research teams, mentor academic staff to deliver high quality outcomes, attract and secure external research funding to sustain research effort, manage funded research projects including complex budgets and reporting requirements.
- Extensive experience in supervising higher degree by research candidates to maximise research performance.
- Demonstrated ability to lead scholarly development and manage and supervise academic teams and members.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to financial, governance and quality management systems within a University.
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal, communication and negotiating skills including the ability to consult with senior executives, external bodies, produce executive reports, negotiate agreed directions, outcomes and targets within a collaborative environment.
- Proven ability as an effective member of a management team that develops and achieves shared goals and objectives.
- Recent, strong and sustained performance regarding student outcomes, student experience and feedback; combined with notable experience and demonstrated skill in a wide range of teaching settings.
- Ability to operate within and provide leadership across own discipline and cross-disciplinary/multidisciplinary teams to achieve Department and University strategic outcomes.
- Ability to work with external partners, industries, organisations and communities and can operate effectively to address complex issues or seek opportunities
- Ability to motivate, influence, develop and inspire others through discipline leadership in the University environment and with external partners and stakeholders.
- Ability to display appropriate behaviours in line with the position and RMIT Values.
Highly competitive VND salary (plus allowances) for local candidates or attractive USD salary package (plus benefits) for expatriate candidates depending on proven track record in meeting all the key selection criteria.
Expatriate candidates: Relocation allowance from US$6,000; Educational support up to US$15,000 per child annually, up to 2 children per family; private insurance coverage for staff and family; annual health check up
Local candidates: 13th month Tet bonus + private medical insurance (for you and your dependents) + annual health check.
20 days annual leave plus 5 days paid leave Xmas closure, plus public holidays and paid sick leave.
Support and guidance from experienced Mobility Advisor to assist in work permit and visa application together with relocation to and settling into living and working in Vietnam.
As an expatriate candidate you will require a work permit to be employed in Vietnam. To qualify for a work permit you will need a PhD qualification and you will need to be able to demonstrate at least 5 years of teaching across relevant subjects in a tertiary education environment.
Information pack for foreign candidates
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your CV, covering letter, and a separate document addressing the Key Selection criteria by clicking on the ‘Apply’ link below.