Teach the assigned courses at undergraduate and graduate level within faculty member’s sphere of expertise and for which he/she has achieved and established academic qualifications. Participate in faculty activities in preparation for continued accreditation and generally support the University and school assignments and functions. Complete research leading to publication in peer reviewed journals.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge and ability to teach courses online, using learning management system, knowledge of the subject, skill in delivering the required knowledge and the ability to engender learning in students. Evidence of teaching excellence within an academic field culturally responsive to the opportunities and challenges of human differences.
- Communication skills: Clearly conveys information and ideas to others both verbally and in writing.
- Interpersonal Effectiveness: Facilitates student success by setting goals and motivating students to achieve them, handles conflict in a constructive manner.
- Student Focused: Creates and/or implements student-focused processes or procedures.
- Professionalism: Participates in all activities in a collegial, ethical and responsible manner.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret academic material such as textbooks and journals
- Ability to respond to inquiries from students, staff and administration in a timely manner as stipulated.
- Academic preparation and credentials to support the academic qualifications for teaching, research and publication in his/her area of expertise.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop and teach marketing classes at undergraduate and graduate level.
- Conduct significant research and publish in peer review journals to justify graduate faculty designation.
- Serve on School of Business and university wide committees as required.
- Provide service and outreach to the community.
- Engage in scholarly activity and develop new ideas through research by publishing in trade journals.
- Participate in professional development activities to remain current in the field.
- Demonstrates commitment to teaching, supervision, and advising.
- Delivers learning-centered instruction.
- Conducts assessments of student and program learning outcomes.
- Advise students.
PhD or DBA in Business Administration or a closely related field from an AACSB accredited school; ABD candidates near completion will also be considered for an Assistant/Associate Professor of Business Administration.
Licensing and Certifications
• License or professional credential in relevant discipline (if applicable)
EEO / ADA Statement
Alcorn State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or other factors prohibited by law in any of its educational programs, activities, services, admissions, or employment practices.