Assistant Professor of Accounting
The Accounting & Law Division at Babson College is seeking applicants for a full-time, tenure-track Assistant Professor in Accounting position starting in the fall of the 2023-24 academic year.
We are looking for an educator and scholar who:
· Holds a PhD or DBA in accounting or a closely-related field.
· Has two or more years of experience as a tenure-track faculty member at an AACSB or EQUIS accredited institution; however, we will consider applicants who do not meet this requirement.
· Has an interest in teaching financial accounting and/or managerial accounting.
· Has a vibrant research stream that is interesting to both academics and practitioners, and proven ability to publish peer-reviewed academic journal articles (articles for practitioner audience, peer-reviewed books, teaching cases, and other teaching materials are also valued.)
· Has some non-academic work experience (preferred).
· Cares about teaching, service, and scholarship that enhance the College's commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
· Has a team player mentality and willingness to participate in a collegial work environment.
To apply, interested candidates should submit: (1) a cover letter, (2) a curriculum vitae that includes teaching, research, and work experience, (3) a teaching statement which includes evidence of teaching effectiveness (e.g., student survey results, syllabi, innovative teaching materials, etc.), (4) a research statement, and (5) evidence of research effectiveness (e.g. 1-2 published papers). At a later date, we may be asking for letters of recommendation.
Applications must be submitted via Babson's online hiring system at https://babson.peopleadmin.com by March 3, 2023 to receive full consideration. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Initial interviews will be conducted virtually via WebEx. For questions about this position, please feel free to email Ben Luippold (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Babson College, located fourteen miles west of Boston, is an independent school of management that takes a unique approach to preparing undergraduates, graduate students, and working professionals for the challenges of the modern business world. For the past 29 consecutive years, we have been ranked #1 in entrepreneurship by U.S. News & World Report.
Babson's dynamic curriculum focuses on developing skills that transcend business so that students develop multidimensional abilities that prepare them to make important contributions to business and society. Our students understand that economic and social value creation are not mutually exclusive, but instead are integral to each other. The fundamental business skills and entrepreneurial mindset they cultivate at Babson equip them to make a difference on campus and around the world. Babson has over 2,000
full-time undergraduate students and more than 1,000 full and part-time graduate students. Our highly diverse student body hails from 45 U.S. states and 80 countries. Non-U.S. students comprise more than 28% of undergraduates and more than 60% of our full time graduate students. Babson offers a Bachelor of Science degree, MS and MBA programs, and executive education programs worldwide.
We seek faculty who are aligned with our values of teaching and research excellence, collaboration, diversity and inclusiveness, and those who embrace our mission to educate entrepreneurial leaders who create great economic and social value everywhere. We seek candidates who are eager to engage as educators among a diverse student community. Babson College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to enhancing diversity across all levels of the College. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this goal are strongly encouraged to apply. More information about Babson College can be found at www.babson.edu.
1. Cover Letter
2. CV / Resume
3. Teaching Philosophy Statement
4. Publication Sample
5. Research Statement