Work type: Full time – Fixed term/Contract
Location: Vietnam – Ho Chi Minh
Categories: Media, Journalism & Communications
RMIT Vietnam – a campus of RMIT University – is part of a global university of technology, design and enterprise. Our mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, teaching and engagement and to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work. RMIT is a 5-Star university under the QS Stars international evaluation system and ranks in the world’s top 400 in the 2018 Academic Ranking of World Universities.
School of Communication & Design
- The School of Communication & Design is committed to providing an international learning environment that encourages cultural awareness, critical thinking, experimentation and, above all, the ability to think differently. Our students develop the competence, confidence and professionalism needed for successful careers in communication, design, fashion, film and video, and languages. See https://www.rmit.edu.vn/our-schools-centres/school-communication-design
- The Bachelor of Communication (Professional Communication) is the largest undergraduate program within the School of Communication & Design. The program comprises strands in advertising, public relations and media studies. See https://www.rmit.edu.vn/programs/bachelor-communication-professional-communication
Role & key responsibilities
- Due to the ongoing growth of this program, we are recruiting an experienced professional to develop and coordinate the delivery of communication research skills within the Bachelor of Communication program. These skills might include: mixed methods, quantitative and/or qualitative communication and media research, content/discourse/thematic analysis including brand audit, social listening, web/social network analytics or related methods/approaches.
- The appointee will be responsible for course coordination and is expected to actively promote both the program and the School through membership of – and links to – academic and professional networks. A flexible attitude and a demonstrated range of skills related to the conceptualisation, execution and evaluation of communication courses is a must, as well as the capability and competence to teach a range of relevant courses. The appointee may also contribute to other programs within the School of Communication & Design including the forthcoming Bachelor of Digital Film & Video.
Key selection criteria
- Lecturer: PhD or equivalent relevant doctoral qualification from a recognised institution.
- Associate Lecturer: relevant Master’s degree from a recognised institution.
- Recent professional experience in the communication sector or equivalent is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and deliver undergraduate courses including the production of high-quality online or offline teaching activities and support materials.
- Evidence of achieving course learning outcomes and positive student experiences.
To find out more
For further information about this role, and how to apply, please click on the link below:
- English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS 7.0 (with no competency less than 6.5).
- Non-Vietnamese candidates must also meet the requirements of the Vietnamese Work Permit process.
Applications close: 03 Feb 2019 SE Asia Standard Time