Faculty - Tenure Track - Sales
: Faculty - Tenure Track (FT)
Utah Valley University's Department of Marketing in the Woodbury School of Business invites applications for a tenure-track position. The successful candidate will conduct assigned undergraduate and graduate courses and seminars in Sales and Marketing. Plans, prepares, and follows an approved course of study with measurable objectives. Serves on college/school or university committees. Engages in scholarly activities (including publishing in quality academic journals), and/or creative endeavors which contribute to the academic mission of the university. Develops curriculum, independent study activities, and off-campus learning such as practicums and internships. Renders service to the community relevant to the appropriate academic specialty. May be required to teach the following courses: Principles of Marketing, Marketing Research, Sales, Professional Selling, Sales Management, Sales Analytics, graduate-level Sales and Marketing, and other marketing courses as assigned.
Preliminary interviews will be conducted via video conference.
Doctorate in Marketing (or related field) from an appropriately accredited university required (AACSB for business or equivalent for other fields). ABD candidates at the time of hire will also be considered.
Must have research, work experience, or teaching experience in Sales and Marketing
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
*Knowledge of the theories and principles of professional selling, sales management, and sales processes for firms in competitive environments.
*Candidates should demonstrate excellent teaching ability and commitment, an ability to conduct a program of research leading to publication in quality academic journals, high personal and academic standards, a capacity for collegiality and working in a team, strong written and oral communication skills; and receptivity to innovation and change.
*Additionally, candidates should demonstrate an ability to engage with the business community in an effort to help build a thriving sales program that trains competent sales professionals and helps them obtain desirable sales positions.
*Candidates may be required to teach the following courses: Sales Management, Professional Selling, Sales Analytics, Professional Presentations, and Principles of Marketing.
- Extensive knowledge of subject matter and course content of classes to be taught, instructional strategies and techniques related to Sales and Marketing.
- Extensive knowledge of student management, motivation, and evaluation.
- Extensive knowledge of evaluation of instruction, curriculum development, program development and evaluation.
- Thorough knowledge of appropriate field of study.
- Skills related to Sales and Marketing (with potential graduate course responsibilities).
- Skills in public speaking and report writing.
- Skills in curriculum development and assessment.
- Ability to apply effectively general principles to specific conditions.
- Ability to follow written and oral procedures and instructions.
- Ability to work effectively with people.
- Experience in professional selling, training sales professionals, and/or managing a sales force preferred.
- Experience running a successful business school sales program preferred.
- ABD candidates at the time of hire will have the degree in hand at the start of the Fall 2020 semester.
Talking continuously, sitting and standing regularly. Fine hand manipulation for use in computer systems.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
DOQ - Commensurate with Experience
FAC50718 WSB Marketing Faculty
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Please attach Student Teaching Reviews for Other document #1.
Under References Letter please list a minimum of three contacts. References may be contacted at some point during the screening and selection process.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/14519
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.