Global Entrepreneur in Residence Program Manager
Innovation & Entrepreneurship
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Innovation and Entrepreneurship team is seeking a dynamic Program Manager to join our team and help launch and manage WPI's Global Entrepreneur in Residence Program.
WPI has been a leader in science, technology, engineering and mathematics in Central MA since 1865. WPI works for the betterment of the communities in which it resides, including Massachusetts and 50 project centers located around the world. As one of the largest employers in Worcester county, WPI has revitalized brown spaces such as the Gateway Project, spearheaded the focus on STEM education in the Worcester school system through Mass Academy of Science and Math, and supported the non-profit and business community through the Worcester Project Center. In order to further support economic development, entrepreneurship and innovation the region, WPI will launch a Global Entrepreneur in Residence Program, beginning with a two-year pilot.
The Global EIR partners with communities around the US to generate economic growth and create innovation economy jobs by solving the startup visa problem.
WPI GEIR two-year Pilot
WPI's GEIR Pilot will support five Global EIRs on a rolling basis and be housed at the Foisie Innovation Studio with support from WPI's International House. WPI's Foisie Innovation Studio is a 78,800 square feet state of the art facility that features a small tool makerspace, rapid prototype lab, robotics lab, video recording suite as well as an innovation an entrepreneurship center. WPI's International House supports WPI's International students, faculty and staff and will provide cultural and immigration support to GEIR program participants.
The goal of WPI's GEIR pilot is to provide support to the region's qualifying entrepreneurs who are focused on STEM related ventures that align with WPI's overall mission.
The WPI GEIR Pilot will be led by the Executive Director of Innovation and Entrepreneurship and receive dedicated support from the GEIR Program Manager.
Responsibilities for the GEIR Program Manager include:
- Promote and champion the GEIR program in Central MA, including outreach to academic institutions, accelerators, incubators, chambers of commerce and local government
- Manage the GEIR application process to ensure all applicants receive excellent service and the applications are processed in a timely manner.
- Support the accepted GEIRs and identify opportunities for them to support I&E at WPI and the Central MA innovation ecosystem including workshops, panels, speaking engagements, competitions, etc.
- Work with the Executive Director of I&E to develop a process to ensure the smooth coordination with the International House for all GEIR participants
- Monitor and report out on the success of WPI's GEIR program both quantitively and qualitatively
- Work with Advancement and the Executive Director to raise additional funding to support WPI's GEIR program
- Positive attitude, mental agility, intellectual curiosity and strong work ethic.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint. Strong proficiency in Excel.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and work independently.
- Comfortable with data collection, measurement and reporting
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, and strong attention to detail.
- Strong personal and professional integrity with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to maintain professional discretion in order to comply with instructions, procedures, standards, policies, laws, and theories that are obtained within the organization.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Global-Entrepreneur-in-Residence-Program-Manager_R0000649
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.