Search for University Jobs in Business
Chair, Associate/Full Professor of Business Administration
Alcorn State University
Reporting to the Dean of Business, the Chair of Business coordinates departmental academic activities that promote programmatic excellence thereby preparing students for global competitiveness.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- The chair is competent and comfortable in responding to the demands and requirements of the Dean. Able to deal effectively with students, faculty and support personnel in various capacities.
- The chair has the ability to identify management challenges and opportunities that are most effectively and efficiently resolved through the use of appropriate information and web-based technologies or tools.
- The chair is an effective and persuasive communicator both up and down the organizational chart.
- The chair is competent, collaborative and collegial in all aspects of the duties and responsibilities of the position.
Essential Job Functions
- Identify program areas that require either development or enforcement of detailed policies and procedures and proactively accomplish the same.
- Work closely with appropriate faculty committees responsible for degree programs in business, e.g., student, curriculum, advising, accreditation, and faculty committees.
- Work with the School Dean to ensure that all program activities in the areas of teaching, research, and service are actively accomplishing the school’s stated mission.
- Work closely with the School Dean to identify, create, and enforce policies and procedures for degree programs in business.
- Work closely with faculty teaching courses, both individually and in committee to ensure that their activities are directed towards accomplishing the school’s stated mission.
- Collaborate and support faculty in their research activities.
- Initiate research and publish trade journals.
- Five years supervisory experience within education or Five years management experience in business or industry.
- Ph.D. or DBA in any business discipline from an AACSB accredited school.
- Candidates with prior administrative experience will be preferred; including a strong record of teaching, research and service worthy of an appointment at rank of Associate or Full Professor w/tenure is required.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |